Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Skater's Waltz

As many of you know, I grew up in Vermont so this stamp brought back memories. Don't get me wrong, I don't remember anybody skating this beautifully. We loved to skate anywhere we could find some ice. My most memorable skating expeditions were at a tennis court that had been flooded. We would pick up our skates and walk the half mile from our house to join the fun. When we got there we were about frozen but eagerly anticipating how beautifully we would skate. After tying my skates with frozen fingers I got on the ice thinking I would glide in a lovely figure eight. Then reality hit! I'd be grabbed by the hand and become the last person on the whiplash! I'd last about 30 seconds, with my heart in my throat, and then be sent flying across the ice....on my bottom! It was fun but I would really rather remember skating like this.


I'm not good at figuring out folding. I do well to fold a regular size card! You can find the directions for folding here. I used Night of Navy Textured Card stock for the base. (You will need a 12" x 12" piece of card stock to do this.) I used the Winter Post Stamp set and stamped the skaters in Night of Navy on Whisper White card stock, then colored with my Stampin' Markers. I used Garden Green, Real Red and Brocade Blue. I stamped the end of the snowflake with Night of Navy in the corners and then used my Color Spritzer Tool to spritz Night of Navy over the whole thing.




I stamped the snowflake with Whisper White and embossed it with White Embossing Powder and added some Dazzling Diamonds for a bit of shimmer. When they were dry, I cut them out and added a Clear Rhinestone Brad to the center and stuck them on with dimensionals. Because I had made a mistake in the folding, and I needed to cover it up, I stamped the snowflakes with Brocade Blue on some Whisper White scraps then cut & adhered them to the inside pieces. That mistake worked out well!

I'll be sharing this folding technique in a class early next year, after I practice and perfect it!

Enjoy,
Bonnie

1 comment:

Jana O'Brien said...

Gorgeous card, Bonnie! Thanks for linking to my blog for directions. Happy stamping!