Monday, March 29, 2010

Caramel Birthday Cake

This is another card for last week's color challenge to use Creamy Caramel, Pretty in Pink and Dusty Durango. Last week was a little crazy and I have been slow to take photos and share. I keep hoping life will slow down a bit so I can get back to stamping with my friends. Hopefully in a few more weeks the house will be on the market and I will have more time for fun.

There are only 2 more days of Sale-A-Bration ladies. As usual I have had so much fun with these sets, that I will be sad to see it end.

For this card, I used the Happy Moments stamp set. I stamped the happy birthday sentiment in Dusty Durango on the Dusty Durango piece. Then I used Black Staz-On to stamp the Birthday cake and colored it with markers. (The flowers are P in Pink with Durango centers and the candles are Durango.) Lastly, I stamped the sentiment from Whimsical Words with Dusty Durango. The matting is Pretty in Pink and the card base is Creamy Caramel. Then I tied it all up with a piece of Pretty In Pink Taffeta Ribbon. It really went together fast and I love the color combination. I saw an ad in the newspaper yesterday for an outfit in these colors. It was beautiful! I think I will use these colors again...and again.

I'm off to take some more photos so I can share more Easter cards and to work on the CAS challenge for this week if I have time.

Happy stampin',

Bonnie

1 comment:

Sarah Coggins said...

The title alone makes me hungry! :) Another great card, Bonnie! I love the pink frames around the elements and the ribbon.