Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Yellow Rose on Gray

This week's Color Challenge was to make a card using Basic Gray (ugh!), Crushed Curry, Always Artichoke and Neutrals of choice. Dessert was using a border with Nesties. Usually when there is a color I really don't like (Basic Gray) I use it very sparingly. This time I got brave and just put it out there! Thankfully the Crushed Curry and Whisper White do perk it up.




I found a Tutorial for the flower on this awesome blog. Instead of the punch, I used the Stampin' Up Birds & Blooms Sizzlit with my Big Shot Machine. I used 2 large, 1 medium and 1 small flower. This is one time that nothing but the bone folder would do.

The little butterflies were done with the Beautiful Wings Embosslit Die in the Occasions Mini Catty (p. 24). It punches 5 butterflies at one time. These are the smallest. I also used the Big Shot to emboss the Basic Gray piece with a Texturz Plate. (Trying to pretty it up!) I really gave the Big Guy a workout on this card!

Card Recipe

Stamps: Short & Sweet

Ink: Always Artichoke

Paper: Whisper White, Basic Gray, Crushed Curry, Always Artichoke

Acc.: Big Shot, SU Backgrounds 1 Texturz Plate, SU Birds & Blooms Sizzlit, Ovals Originals Die, SU Beautiful Wings Embosslit Die, Extra Large 2 Step Bird Punch, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Large Oval Punch, Artichoke Brad




I love the card I did for the CAS challenge but unfortunately the photograph didn't come out well. I'm off to work on that now. Hope to show it off tomorrow. In the meantime, enjoy!

Bonnie

No comments: