Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Two for a Color Challenge

I could say that I got carried away. Well that happens every day. Actually, I started with this card and didn't like it so I made another. Then I came back and finished this one.

I used the same colors, Soft Suede, Apricot Appeal & Almost Amethyst, on both cards. It's amazing how different they are!
I love Almost Amethyst so I used it as the main card here. I used the Perfect Dots Embossing Folder with the BIG GUY to dress it up a bit. I inked the stamp with markers and stamped on Whisper White. I stamped the sentiment off on scrap before stamping on the design. I wanted a softer look. Itty bitty pearls finish it off.

The design is matted with Apricot Appeal DSP & Soft Suede.

I was hunting in the drawer for a piece of Soft Suede and found a piece that I had stamped on and didn't use. It seemed to be a good fit, so I decided to use it for this card. I had used the flourish stamp from Vintage Vogue and stamped it in Soft Suede on the edges of Soft Suede.

The design piece is Very Vanilla that I spritzed with Almost Amethyst & Apricot Appeal. I inked the flower with markers. I love the Apricot and Soft Suede together! The butterfly was inked in Almost Amethyst. I used the marker to draw some highlights on him and the black marker to do the body & antennae. The design piece has a very narrow mat of Early Expresso (a new core color).

Dessert for this challenge was to use a clip of some sort. I used one of the ribbon slides from the Styled Vanilla Hodgepodge hardware with Very Vanilla narrow grosgrain ribbon.

I'm still not sure whether I really like this card or not. I hope you like one or the other of them, or maybeboth.

Only 1 more week to order from the Last Chance list. And then, the new 2010-2011 Idea Book & Catalog will be live. My list is growing each time I look at it! So many pretty things in there.

Enjoy,
Bonnie

No comments: