Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Watercolor in Blue & Yellow

Hello folks. Boy am I late getting to this tonight. I was working on a card for the Color Challenge and the Teapot Tuesday challenge and I played far too long. Usually I make pretty simple and quick cards, but I got carried away. I'll try to get a picture taken and share it with you tomorrow.

I treated the Creative Arts group to a workshop of three cards this morning. This is one of the cards we did. Except that the ones today didn't have the ladybug and butterfly. I had some smudges on this one that needed to be covered up! I really enjoyed spending time with these lovely ladies. It was a small group and I feel like I got to know each of them a little better than in a large group. They are all very creative too.


Card Recipe
Stamps: Watercolor Trio, Short & Sweet
Paper: Ballet Blue, YoYo Yellow, Whisper White, Real Red, Basic Black
Ink: Ballet Blue, Always Artichoke, & Crushed Curry SU Markers
Acc.: Big Shot, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Crushed Curry Polka Dot Ribbon, 1/4" Paper Punch

The ladybug is made with 1/4" circles of Real Red & Basic Black. I put the red circle on top of the black with a glue dot and drew the dots on the back with a Black Marker. Super easy and a great way to cover a boo boo.

The Ballet Blue & YoYo Yellow will be discontinued soon. Only a few more weeks to stock up on those colors. They are so pretty together.

Got to go. There is a book calling to me. It's South of Broad by Pat Conroy and it is really good. Lot's of really quirky characters that I love to read about.

Good Night.
Bonnie

No comments: