Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Inspired Expressions

I've had a hard time getting back in the swing of things since vacation. I guess my brain (and body) liked the vacation mode. My mojo seemed to have taken a vacation too! I have stamped and discarded, stamped and just plain trashed and finally got things working again.


This is a card for Susan's One Layer Wednesday Challenge . This week the challenge is to watercolor the image. I inked the small flower from the Inspired by Nature stamp with Cherry Cobbler, Early Expresso & Wild Wasabi SU Markers. Then I held it out and misted it just a bit, let it sit for about 30 seconds and stamped on watercolor paper.

I like watercolor paper for the card because it's heavy and has a little bit of texture. I think one layer cards need to be on a heavier than usual card.

I inked the saying with Early Expresso, one of the new colors. The saying is from the Herb Expressions set that I received as a Demonstrator Bonus during Sale A Bration. That's just one of the benefits that I love about being a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator.

I really enjoy doing the one layer cards. I think they are the most challenging. How 'bout giving it a try?

Happy Stampin',

Bonnie

4 comments:

Carol said...

This card is sooooo pretty! And, so simple...but, doesn't that make them harder to do?

Nicole P. said...

What a lovely card! I totally agree about using the heavier paper, your textured paper adds real character.

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Oh I agree, one layers are definitely the most challenging. Love the card you made!

Hugs
Maarit

Susan said...

Beautiful!!! I found this challenge to be especially difficult...as I have virtually NO experience with watercolors. Yours looks great!