Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Fast and Fabulous Rubies

I did this card for the Color Challenge this week on SCS to use Riding Red, Blushing Bride & Early Expresso. Dessert this week is something new.

The card base is Blushing Bride stamped in Blushing Bride ink with the filigree stamp from the Elements of Style stamp set.

The main design is from the Fast & Fabulous set. It's a Level 2 Hostess Set.

From now until August 31 if you have a $350.00 workshop, you earn an extra $25.00 in free merchandise as well as a Level 1 or Level 2 hostess set and $40.00 in free merchandise. Did you count that up? That's $65.00 in free merchandise!

Ok, now back to the card. The flower is a two-step flower and I stamped both the solid and the outline in Riding Hood Red on a scrap piece of Whisper White. This red is a new core color. It's a little richer than the Ruby Red that has been discontinued. The design is matted on Riding Hood Red & Early Expresso. I used the Ticket Corner Punch on all the corners to dress it up a bit.

I stamped the sentiment from the Elements of Style set in Early Expresso. Typically, I stamped it crooked. It is a clear mount stamp too. I'm not sure how I managed to stamp it crooked! Not to be deterred, I stamped it again on some scrap Blushing Bride that I stamped with the filigree like the base card. I used the 1" Circle Punch to cut it out. It worked out well because I thought of the little bit of Riding Hood Red ribbon I had left over in the drawer and made a little tab to put behind the sentiment.

For dessert, I used some of the new Rhinestone jewels on page 188 of the new Idea Book & Catalog. Check them out. They're large packages and self sticking.

Hope you have had a wonderful day and maybe got a chance to stamp.

Let me know if you want to host a workshop and get the extra hostess benefits.

Bonnie

No comments: