Friday, August 27, 2010

Hollyhocks & Lace

The colors for this week's Color Challenge on SCS were Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive and Pacific Point with doilies for dessert. I like all three of these colors, but quite honestly, I didn't like them together.

I used the hollyhocks from the Fast & Fabulous set. It's a 2-step stampin' set. First I stamped the flowers in Razzleberry, then I stamped the stem in old Olive. So far so good! I tried a Pacific Point butterfly and it hurt my eyes! I ended up using the Pacific Point SU Marker and spritzing the design background. It's subtle enough that it doesn't make me cringe.

For my doily I used a bit of lace that had been hanging around forever. I have no idea where I got it. I wove some Old Olive narrow grosgrain ribbon through the holes to add some interest.

The sentiment was crooked. It's a clear mount stamp too. I'm not sure how I managed to do it crooked! I stamped it again and punched it with the Word Window Punch and trimmed one end.

Card Recipe
Stamps: Fast & Fabulous, Silhouette Sentiments
Ink: Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry
Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White
Acc.: Scallop Trim Corner Punch, Pacific Point SU Marker, Color Spritzer Tool, Word Window Punch, Big Shot, Finial Press Embossing Folder, Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, lace

I'm not crazy about this card but it will have to do. I'll go over to Splitcoaststampers and see what the others have come up with.

Later,
Bonnie

No comments: