Thursday, August 12, 2010

Unexpected Tree Trimming

This weeks One Layer Wednesday challenge at Simplicity is to use Unexpected Colors and of course only one layer. Wow, what a challenge.

I"m not going to tell you how many times I tried this. Am I the only one that struggles with the Stamp-a-ma-jig? Ugggh!

I've been thinking about cards to do for the Christmas Card Class, so I had Christmas on my mind. I stamped the ornament first, then laid down a large oval cut with the BIG GUY and sponged all around. Then I spritzed all around with Melon Mambo to give a little bit more color.

I don't know that I would do more Christmas cards in pastel colors, but this was an interesting challenge.

Card Recipe
Stamps: Tree Trimmings, Many Merry Messages
Ink: Marina Mist, Pear Pizzazz
Paper: Whisper White
Acc.: Big Shot, Original Ovals die, Stamping Sponges, Color Spritzer Tool, Melon Mambo SU Marker, Rhinestone

I really like the sponged look, especially with the color spritzing. It adds dimension without the layers.

Hope you've had a wonderful day.
Bonnie

2 comments:

PetraB said...

An interesting colour combination but it works well.

Susan Raihala said...

Oh, I love this! So unexpected, yet it works so well!