Monday, September 27, 2010

Concord Thoughts


Hello creative friends.  It has been a wonderful rainy day.  It's been so hot and dry lately that the rain is a welcome sight!


I did this card for the CAS86 challenge on SCS to do a card inspired by this card done by cookiebaker.  What a great layout!

I inked up the stamp with SU Markers and then did a little thumping.   First I inked the flowers with Concord Crush and stamped on my scrap mat. Then I thumped with the Concord marker on some of the flowers.  I used Pear Pizzazz thumped with Old Olive on the leaves.  I huffed and puffed and stamped on a 2 3/4" x 3 1/2" piece of Whisper White. The sentiment is stamped in Concord Crush.

I rounded alternate corners and matted with a piece of Concord Crush cut 1/8" larger, cut a 1 1/2" strip of white and matted that with a piece of Concord Crush also cut 1/8" larger.  I wrapped a piece of ribbon around the strip and adhered both pieces to a card that had been embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder.

It was quick and easy and I won't tell you how many things I tried to get to this point.  LOL, my trash can is full!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Thoughts & Prayers
Ink: Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive, & Concord Crush SU Markers
Paper:  Whisper White, Concord Crush
Accessories:  Corner Rounder Punch, Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots EF, Concord Crush Stitched Ribbon

Hope you got to stamp today and didn't have to trash anything!

Enjoy your blessings.
Bonnie

5 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

Hi, Bonnie!! This is excellent. I really like how you used Concord Crush so beautifully with the green shades you chose. Super work on that pretty CAS sketch!!

Chrissie said...

Bonnie, this is beautiful those rounded corners add a little je ne sais quoi!
Lovely!
Chrissie

Colleen said...

Gorgeous! I am so going to CASE this.
Hugs,
Colleen

Anonymous said...

Ooo, this is so pretty! The whole card just looks so complete and balanced - it's a great layout as you say. I really like the rounded corners and the stitched ribbon.

Sarah Coggins said...

Beautiful! What great colors and I love that ribbon/cardstock band between the background & stamped image. Thanks for adding it to the {Made by Me} Wednesday linky party. :)