Friday, September 10, 2010

Poinsettia in the Round

Hello Stampin' Friends.  Wow, has this week gone fast! 


Here's a card for the Free for All Challenge on SCS, Rectangles & Circles.  It's not like Wendy's card but it has both. And I only used one stamp set.

I used the Bells & Boughs set from the Holiday Mini for this card.  I love all the images and they aren't too hard to paint.

I stamped the main imageon Whisper White with Black StazOn.  Then I re-inked the center of the image and stamped on a piece of Whisper White scrap paper.  Using inkpads & a blender pen, I painted the evergreen & poinsettia.  On the second image I just painted the big flower.

The layout is from SC295.  I really love this sketch and didn't get to it that week.

The sponging is due to the fact that I got a smudge on the side of the design panel.  My Garden Green spot leaked and I forget to check for inky fingers after I use it!  I like the sponging though, so it was a good thing.

I still have a few of those little gold seed beads and I used them in the center of the flowers.  The beads are really the flower.  The red bracts are leaves.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Bells & Boughs
Ink:  Black StazOn, Real Red, Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green, Old Olive, Going Gray
Paper:  Whisper White, Real Red, Old Olive
Acc.:  Blender Pen, Stampin' Sponges, Seed beads, 1 3/8" &  1 1/2" Circle Punches

I like the rectangles & circles together!

Want to try your hand at these challenges?  Just click on the links above and follow the directions.  I'd love to see what you come up with.

Happy stampin',
Bonnie

2 comments:

Beebeebabs said...

Very pretty card thanks for sharing!!!

Emily Keaton said...

This is so pretty, Bonnie! I just LOVE those poinsettias. You colored them so beautifully :)