Tuesday, September 7, 2010

What Day is it Anyway?

Yesterday, all day, I thought it was Sunday! I would have given you a post yesterday if I had realized what day it was! LOL and today it seems like Monday! I'll give you two cards today to make up for my bungle.

I CASEd this card from a card by k dunbrook on SCS. The Creative Arts group is getting together next week to help me use up some decorative paper and I thought this would be fun to do.

I cut 1" squares, cut them in half diagonally, rounded the corners and placed them in a circle. Getting those little pieces cut diagonally and in the punch was a challenge!

You could call this a retirement card. The paper is from Sale-a-bration, the corduroy brads have been discontinued, The card stock & sentiment stamp have gone away. I'm so happy I used up some of this retired stuff! Hope the ladies will help me get rid of some more!

Card Recipe
Stamps: Warm Words
Ink: Dusty Durango
Paper: Dusty Durango, White Textured, Welcome Neighbor DSP
Acc.: Scallop Edge Punch, Paper Piercer, Corduroy Brad, SU Markers (Dusty Durango, Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry, Bermuda Bay)

If you have some scraps of Decorative Paper hanging around, this is a fun way to use them up!

I'll be back with a challenge card in a bit.
Bonnie

2 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

I had to *giggle* at the description of your "retirement card"!! That was pretty funny :) Love your pinwheel design. This makes for a really clever card. I'll have to CASE your CASE sometime ;) PS--I don't know what day it is either!!

Colleen said...

What a great idea for all those scraps! Beautiful card. Love the doodling...
Hugs,
Colleen