Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Concord Thoughts


On SCS, Sunday's challenge is the Featured Stamper Challenge.  I usually don't participate because I am usually playing catch up, getting ready for the start of a new week and spending time with family.  Last Sunday, I had some time and I checked to see who the featured stamper was and saw that it was LynniePoo.  I had printed a copy of a card she had done a couple of weeks earlier that I wanted to CASE.  You can see her card here.


To participate in this challenge you have to change at least 2 things.  I used a different stamp set, different colors and put the sentiment below the design instead of above.  But the layout with the scoring was what drew me to her card to begin with.

I had a bit of trouble with the scoring.  I ruined a couple of tries because I couldn't keep my eye on the mark!  But finally I got the lines straight.  Then I stamped the design too high.  But I love this stamp with Concord Crush & Old Olive so I couldn't trash it.  Then I spied a piece of scrap that had been border punched, who knows when, and thrown in the scrap bag!  It helped to balance the design a little.  Even though it isn't perfectly centered, I like this one much better than the other one I did because I thought I was going to have to trash the first one!


For this one I used the Bells & Boughs set from the Holiday mini.  I inked the holly with Garden Green, stamped and used the blender pen with ink pads to paint the leaves.  A SU marker took care of the berries.

This design is centered better and is a good card, but doesn't give me the Aah! that the first card does.

What do you think?

Card Recipe  (Card 1)
Stamps:  Thoughts & Prayers, Watercolor Trio
Ink:  Concord Crush & Old Olive SU Markers
Paper:  Whisper White, Concord Crush
Accessories:  Scallop Oval & Large Oval Punches, ScorePal

Card Recipe  (Card 2)
Stamps:  Bells & Boughs
Ink:  Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler SU Marker
Paper:  Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler
Accessories:  Blender pen,  ScorePal

I'm going to enter one of these at 2pawsdesigns {Made by Me} Wednesday.
 Hop on over and take a look.

Thanks for visiting me today.  I hope you will come back soon.

Enjoy your blessings,
Bonnie

4 comments:

Sarah Coggins said...

They are gorgeous! I love the scoring. You will have to show me how you did this sometime. :) Thanks for sharing on {Made by Me} Wednesday!

Emily Keaton said...

Your scoring on both cards is SO very pretty!! It's hard to believe how much impact a simple thing like scoring has, but it really adds a lot. Both of these cards are gorgeous, Bonnie!!

Anonymous said...

I think both cards look great Bonnie. My favourite would have to be the Concord Crush.

Chrissie said...

These are both fab cards Bonnie, I love the embossing. I tried to leave a comment on your OLW card too, but somehow it wouldn't let me.
Thank you SO much for all the wonderful comments you leave on my blog, I truly appreciate every one!
Chrissie