Monday, February 7, 2011

Cupcake Time

I've been wanting to do some brighter cards.  I don't do many that are suitable for kids and I need to remedy that.  My friend Ruthann let me borrow her Crazy for Cupcakes set so I could play with it.  I think I like it and will probably have to add it to my want list!


The CAS challenge at SCS today is to use Peach Parfait, Poppy Parade & Daffodil Delight.  That fell right into my plan to do something bright.

I seem to have a problem with white space!  I want to stamp, spritz or add texture to it!  I don't want it busy, just something subtle.  I spritzed this with the markers and my color spritzer tool.  It resembles sprinkles a bit, if you use your imagination.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Crazy for Cupcakes
Ink:   Black StazOn, SU Markers (Peach Parfait, Daffodil Delight, Poppy Parade)
Paper:  Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Poppy Parade
Accessories:  Color Spritzer Tool, Daffodil Delight grosgrain ribbon

I can see that I need to trim one side of the ribbon before it goes out.

Enjoy,
Bonnie

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Great job! The spritzing DOES remind me of sprinkles lol

Hugs,
Colleen

Benzi said...

I agree...it does look like sprinkles. Don't you just love when challenges fit what you want to do at the time? Super colors for your cupcake and card.