Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Nature Walkin' Again


Can you guess that I love this stamp set?  I have several new sets that I know I should use, but I keep pulling this one out again and again.



Actually, I had stamped several of these Robins trying different techniques.  I'm not sure I can even tell which technique was which!  I think I inked this one with markers or watercolor crayons and spritzed before stamping on watercolor paper.  Which ever it was, it was very light and not too appealing.  So I pulled out my Stamp-a-majig and stamped over the waterdrowned watercolored bird after inking with markers, no spritzing.  I probably couldn't get it to look like this again in a million years!  This is truly a one of a kind card!

I used a mask before stamping the flowers around so he didn't look so bare.



I also used the Stamping 411 Color Inspriation 149



I love this color combination and it seemed perfect for this image. 

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Nature Walk, Bring on the Cake (Another Occasions Mini set)
Ink:  Early Espresso, SU Markers (Early Espresso, Peach Parfait, Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake)
Paper: Watercolor, Naturals White, Early Espresso, Peach Parfait
Accessories:  Big Shot, Sweet Buttons Embosslit, Raffia, Embroidery Floss

And in case you're interested, here's another messed up fixed up Robin.


This time I overstamped it with Crumb Cake and Peach Parfait.  The peach has a very different look on the smooth paper.

I think I'm through with Robins for a while.  Or then again.....

Enjoy,
Bonnie

10 comments:

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Wow! I'll say. You did a fabulous job on that bird. Yeah for the Stamp-a-majig!!!

Joanne Travis said...

Gorgeous colors on the robin!! Very clean and elegant cards.

Emily Keaton said...

Oh, these robins are absolutely beautiful, Bonnie! I love seeing how you are using this new set in such different ways. :)

Patti Chesky said...

Love your coloring on the robin. My mom and I call each other when we see our first one of the season.

Benzi said...

Bonnie, they're both lovely. I adore that image, but don't have it. Maybe it will be in my future. The Stamp-A-Majig came in very handy.

Selene Kempton said...

Awesome way to combine the challenges! You did an amazing job with that bird!

Kerin said...

Wow, your coloring on the robin is gorgeous, it looks like it could fly right off the card!!

Doris said...

I can see why you keep coming back to this stamp--you've done such a beautiful job with it!

gbarron56 said...

Beautiful card and colors -- fabulous! Thanks for playing along with the Stamping 411 Operators this week! Blessings, Gretchen

Inked Greetings said...

Very pretty robin. Your coloring is lifelike.