Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Soft Baja Crumbs


These colors are from last week's Color Challenge on SCS, Soft Suede, Baja Breeze & Crumb Cake.  Dessert was to use something glossy, glittery or flower soft.

Here's what I came up with.....



When I used my "Whacked Embossing Folder" on the side, I had it backwards so I have a debossed look rather than embossed.  I really liked the look of  it better in this case, so I kept it.

I rubbed a couple of styrofoam balls together over a plastic sandwich bag then added a couple drops of Soft Suede re-inker to it and mashed it together.  It gives a real nice "bumpy" look to the center of the flower.

I sponged the edges a bit with Crumb Cake to soften the edges.  Ususally I like a crisp look but sometimes it makes life more interesting to do something different.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Greenhouse Garden
Ink:  Baja Breeze, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Baja Breeze, Soft Suede, Whisper White
Accessories:  Big Shot, Whacked EF, Baja Seam Binding, Faux Flower Soft, Stamping Sponge

Thanks for stopping by to visit and for the lovely comments!  Enjoy!

Bonnie

6 comments:

Benzi said...

Wow! Bonnie, this is gorgeous. I love Baja Breeze and its softness. Good idea with the styrofoam balls and re-inker. Love your card...a lot.

Christine Blain said...

This is really beautiful, Bonnie. Such a soft, elegant card. LOVE the single, long-stemmed, flower.

Emily Keaton said...

So sweet! These are great colors. How did I miss this color challenge last week???

Carol said...

This is a spectacular card, Bonnie! Love, love, love that flower!

Donna Heber said...

Very elegant and pretty Bonnie!

Colleen Dietrich said...

You made your own Flower Soft? Or, rather, Flower Crunchy? Good for you! I like your ingenuity AND your card!