Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Puttin on the Glitz

I was able to make a card today.  Yeah!  And it's for the Less is More Challenge this week....

This week we have a really easy recipe which is simply

POLKA DOTS

As long as your design is Clean and Simple, has some white space (or its equivalent) and polka dots in evidence somewhere, it will be perfect for this challenge.



I see that the greenery is a little funky in the picture.  I used the tip of the fir tree in the Lovely as a Tree set stamping first in Lucky Limeade and overstamping in Old Olive.  IRL it doesn't have that yellow cast.

I was feeling sparkly, after all I got time in the studio, so I used some Multipurpose Liquid Glue on the boughs and sprinkled with Dazzling Diamonds. And I used some Glimmer Paper for the toe, heel & cuff on the stocking.  I even added a few rhinestones to the sentiment. This is really sparkly for me and I love it.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Lovely as a Tree, Stitched Stockings, Bells and Boughs
Ink:  Lucky Limeade, Old Olive, Real Red, SU Markers (Real Red, Lucky Limeade)
Paper:  Whisper White, Silver Glimmer Paper
Other:  Stocking Builder Punch, Basic Rhinestones, Dazzling Diamonds, Silver Elastic Cord

I dropped 2 inkpads today.  The big ones.  On this card.  What a mess.  The first time was on the front, hence the greenery all the way across.  Then, after I was all finished, I dropped another on the back.  I think this card will get a little bigger with some Lucky Limeade behind it.  It's definitely not my Lucky color!

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope I get to stamp something else for you soon.

Enjoy!

20 comments:

Joanne Travis said...

A visual delight!! Love the bit of added sparkle.

Cynthia said...

I so LOVE how you used the fir tree!! I've totally got to try that! Thanks for the inspiration. =D

Victoria said...

Love this Bonnie! Great idea using the tip of the fir tree from Lovely as a tree set, must try this, and those stockings are just too adorable!
Hugs, Victoria ~x~

Kim S said...

What a great idea - your greenery is lovely and so creative! Love all the sparkle. And you've hidden your dropped pads well! (Dropped pads and thumbprints are the worst!)

Maribel said...

Precious, I love, is very elegant.

Emily Keaton said...

Oh, how sweet, Bonnie! I love that pretty stocking hanging from the pine boughs. So clever. :)

Chrissie said...

This is fab Bonnie, I kove how you have made the greenery... I love to see stamps used to the full!
Terrific!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Doris said...

Clever use of that tree, and I love the sparkles you added!

Benzi said...

I love polka dots and had to play in the challenge, too. Your sparkly stocking is darling and I love the greenery. Sorry about those paper pads...Geez

Jan said...

Love this Bonnie. xx Jan

Susan said...

Bonnie, how creative of you to use the tree like that! Love this card...and the touch of sparkle and shine is right up my alley!

Things are calming down a bit now. Hubby gave me a bad scare but he's one the mend now. I'm only working from home now, because I do need to be here for him every day. My boss was very nice to allow me to do this....I won't be full time, but at least I'll still be earning a bit. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for all the wonderful comment you leave for me. I really appreciate it.

Susan

Jenny said...

Hi Bonnie, I love your Christmas swag across the top of the card for the stocking to hang from, fab Christmas card :)
Dropping inkpads is my favourite oops-a-daisy....usually on my lap though, needless to say I try and wear old clothing when crafting!!
Jenny x

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Bonnie

What a great card and I for one LOVE all the sparkle!!

Tina (104)
X

Christine K said...

Hi Bonnie!
This is a great card! I CASE'd one of your stamp a stack cards from a previous post and wanted to let you know you are featured on my blog!
TFS!
Just click on my name to go to the link!

Vicky Hayes said...

What a lovely traditional card with lots of extra glitz! The ink pads shouldn't trouble you in the least - you know all the tricks for covering up!

Thanks for your congrats today!

Shirley said...

Simply gorgeous and elegant with the simplicity of it!

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Bonnie

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog and in answer to your question the printer I have is one of those cheap HP printer, copier and scanner in one jobs!

Take care

Tina

G Peplow said...

Hi Bonnie, How gorgeous is your card:? Answer is, it's absoloutely gorgeous, I love traditional cards and this is a beauty. Lots of dots and glitter, stockings are just perfect for the holidays, Gay xxx

Sarah Coggins said...

Gorgeous! Clever use of that tree stamp. Thanks so much for your comments - we had a really fun Halloween. :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Bonnie, I love how you used the fir tree to create some foliage for that stocking! Great idea, very clever.