Monday, February 13, 2012

Circles, Circles, Circles

Susan's One Layer Challenge last Wednesday was to use at least FIVE circles on our one layer card.  None of these circles could be punched or die cut.


Man, I wish I bought those Delicate Doilies or Circle Circus stamp sets.  But I didn't and as usual, my mind went blank.


But my eyes lit on the Clearly for You set and guess what I saw?  Circles.  Lots and lots of circles.  Circle berries with circle seeds.

Then I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about this card.  I couldn't get it out of my head.  About 3:00 am, I realized what was niggling my mind.  There are 4 berry bushes.  It's an even number. The rule is uneven numbers.  It's probably going to drive Susan crazy!   Sorry, but after 4 tries to get to this point, it's staying like this.

I masked off he area to be stamped with sticky notes, inked the stamp with markers and stamped using my Stamp-a-majig.  Then I went back and stamped some extra leaves.  I dipped my sponge in the Pool Party ink pad to sponge around the berries, scored 1/8" above and below the image and stamped the sentiment.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Clearly for you, (Sentiment is a stamp available to demonstrators only)
Ink:  Pool Party, SU Markers (Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive)
Paper:  Whisper White
Other:  Stamp-a-majig, Stampin' Sponge, Simply Scored, Corner Rounder

I had such a good time stamping with my friends on Saturday.  They are such inspirations to me and so much fun to be with.

I'm happy that you stopped by.

Enjoy!

8 comments:

Pauline said...

Lovely card. Liked the colors.
TFS
Pauline.H

jimlynn said...

Sorry you were up at 3:00 a.m. thinking about this, but it sure paid off as it's just lovely! Three just would not have been enough and four's the right amount!
Lynn

Pauline said...

Well done, it's lovely :)

carolscards said...

Bonnie, I SO enjoy going to your blog- you are so inspirational, your cards are just genius. Gorgeous!! Carol

Benzi said...

Oh, don't you hate when your stamping keeps you awake? :-) Your berry bushes look great and I love the blue sponging...really popped out your images.

Aileen said...

I like the placement of your panel and as there are 4 berried on each of the stems it seems natural to go with 4. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So effective, even number or no, it's lovely

Vicky Hayes said...

What a great idea - all those circles in the berries! I'm glad other people wake up in the night worrying about card designs!