Saturday, April 7, 2012

Two fer Merry Monday

I wasn't sure I'd get to do a card this week for Lesley's Merry Monday.  But I finally got time with the stamps and did two.

This is the first one I did.


Here's the sketch.


I saw a door with a wreath.  But I didn't use all the layers so I did another.


This one sticks close to the sketch.  I used embossing on the different layers so I could keep the white space.  The berries are painted with White Shimmer Paint.  I'm not sure you can see the shimmer in the picture.

All supplies are Stampin' up! (unless otherwise noted)

Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Welcome Christmas
Ink:  Garden Green
Paper:  Naturals White, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White
Other:  5/16" Jumbo Neutral Brad, Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details, Simply Scored, Non SU Cord  and Corner Rounder Punch

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Easy Events
Ink:  Jet Black StazOn, Stampin' Up! Marker (Old Olive)
Paper:  Whisper White, Old Olive
Other:  Frost White Shimmer Paint, Small Oval, Large Scallop Circle, 2 1/2" Circle, Scallop Border Punches, Big Shot, Square Lattice and Stripes EF, Retired Ribbon (still available on the Clearance Rack I think.  See my side bar.)

I can't wait to get over to Always Playing with Paper and seeing what the others contributed this week.

Thanks for stopping by.  I love your visits.

Enjoy!




9 comments:

Cynthia said...

Love the red door! It looks festive and inviting! And the layers on the second are just gorgeous!!

Notes by Nina said...

Fantastic Christmas card, I love the image and the great colours you used. Thank you for playing Merry Monday.

Wendy said...

Oh Bonnie, both cards are gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday's! :)

LeAnne said...

Oh, these are sweet--I LOVE the second one! Your embellishments are the best! Thanks for playing with the Merry Monday!

Autumn Mist said...

These are both lovely, but I like the second one best, it's very fresh, but festive at the same time.

Susie said...

Love both of them. I really wanted to do this sketch - it's a keeper - but mine will have to be late.

Catie Cuddles said...

Beautiful cards ... I love them both ... Think it was a genius idea to turn it into a door.

Susan said...

Both are great, but the second one is just gorgeous!! Love the reflection of the scalloped circle with the scalloped border.

Victoria said...

The wonder of a sketch - you've created such different cards from the same inspiration. I love the fresh feel of the second and it was really clever to turn the main panel into a door in the first.