Monday, July 2, 2012

Whispering Island Party

That's the title of the Color Challenge at SCS last week.  I just couldn't pass up a color challenge with white as a main color.

And Queen for the Day this week at SCS is stampercamper.  I chose this beautiful card of hers to CASE.  Mary is a regular at SCS and has a wonderful gallery to inspire you.


I used Cary's sketch from last week's CAS challenge also at SCS.

The butterfly is stamped in Jet Black StazOn and colored with markers.  Then I masked it and stamped some flower sprigs that had been inked with markers.

My favorite Square Lattice Embossing Folder jazzed up the background and the new Apothecary Accents Framelits made a sweet frame.  The blue frame was made by cutting 2 Indigo frames, cutting each in half, one vertically the other horizontally, and adhering them behind the stamped frame.

Another new die this year is the Large Scallop Edgelit.  It adds some detail without being too fussy.

I used some seam binding but decided not to tie in a bow as it would overpower the little butterfly, but added some pearls for elegance.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Nature Walk
Ink:  Jet Black StazOn, SU Markers (Pool Party, Island Indigo, Crumb Cake)
Paper:  Island Indigo, Whisper White
Other:  Big Shot, Square Lattice EF, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Large Scallop Edgelit, Pool Party Seam Binding, Basic Pearls

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you'll come back soon.

Enjoy!

7 comments:

Cynthia said...

Love the colors on this one...and the butterfly is just gorgeous! I love how you cut up the frame too--that's pretty clever! =D

Darnell said...

Mmm-mmm-mmm! I LOVE this card, but especially how you masked your Butter Fly and then stamped the flower springs behind. That added dimension is really cool!

Victoria said...

Ooo I hope we get those new Framelits. They make a perfect frame for that gorgeous butterfly.

Colleen Dietrich said...

So beautiful, the tone on tone blues. And I can see why you were driven to do this challenge, with white as one of the colors! It's so you!

Susan said...

Bonnie, I love all your cards but this one is going to the top of the list. Blue and white is my favourite colour combination. I love the way you put the flower sprigs in lovely soft colours behind the butterfly. The layout is fabulous.

Vicky Hayes said...

What a wonderful way to showcase that butterfly Bonnie! The pearls on the ribbon are a perfect touch.

Benzi said...

Love the colors on this pretty card, Bonnie.
Hope you're having a good 4th. I'm not going to fireworks tonight..just not in the mood. I think because it is Wednesday and it is HOT!