Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Embossing, Embossing for Mary

The Featured Stamper this week is the sweet Mary Marsh.  She's so talented and encouraging.  I'm so happy for Mary!  I printed off 4 of my favorites from the first page of her gallery.  This is the first one that I chose to CASE.  And here's my card.


I love the soft shades of pink on Mary's card, but wanted to do a white on white card for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge and Mary's layout was perfect for that.

I'm not sure that you can tell, but the top layer is heat embossed.  I stamped it with the rose spray from the Elements of Style set with Whisper White ink and heat embossed it with White Embossing Powder.

I didn't add a sentiment since I'm not sure what it will be used for yet.  It will be easy enough to add a sentiment later or just write a note on the inside.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Elements of Style
Ink:  Whisper White
Paper:  Whisper White
Other:  White EP, Big Shot, Lacy Brocade EF,  Floral Fusion Sizzlit, Large Pearl Basic Jewel, White Satin Ribbon (retired), Snippet of lace (unknown origin)

I really enjoyed making this card.  I hope Mary likes it.

I'm so glad you could stop by.  I hope you'll be back soon.

Enjoy!



19 comments:

jimlynn said...

Very elegant and beautiful!
Love all the embossing on here.
Lynn

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous and so elegant. I love the white on white and the dry with wet embossing on the layers. Beautiful design for many occasions but wedding jumps to my mind first. Shirleyx

Marisa said...

This is lovely, Bonnie! The ribbon is fabulous as is the flower. Gorgeous job :)

Benzi said...

This is beautiful, Bonnie. We both had white on white on our minds when we cased Mary. I sure can see your embossed panel and it is so pretty.

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous! Yes I can see the embossing just beautiful Bonnie! Wow this one is so elegant all the way. I love waiting to add the sentiment until I know what I will be using it for as well.

debby4000 said...

Beautiful, elegant card.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge.

luv
Debby

Jules said...

Hi Bonnie

I am sure Mary will love it!!

A beautiful finished card.

I love the lace and ribbon feature with its cute little flower!

Love Jules xx

Sue - said...

Very elegant

Aileen said...

So soft, feminine and elegant too. A super white on white card. x

Cynthia said...

Wow!!!! That's just gorgeous!!

Kim S said...

Your card and her card are both truly lovely - into my files to CASE also!!

Susan said...

So gorgeous! Wonderful use of two different embossing techniques. I think it would be a lovely wedding or anniversary card.

Darnell said...

This is a stunner, Bonnie!! You can see the subtle heat-embossed layer and it just adds that mwah factor to an already lushilicious W-O-W card!!

Jeanne H said...

A very beautiful card, Bonnie. Thanks so much for letting us all in cyber space see your work! I will CASE you!

Loll said...

Hi Bonnie. Beautiful white-on-white card. Elegant and sophisticated. Definitely can see the embossed panel - gorgeous! Loll xx

Kay Miller said...

Oh Bonnie this is just beautiful! I love the white on white with the embossing!! So very pretty!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh totally gorgeous - stunning use of all white again!

MaryH said...

Oh Bonnie, I've simply enjoyed these last 3 cards you've posted. This one might be (?) my favorite - hard to pick just one! This is so elegant & rich looking. I have some of that trim (from back when I used to sew!). It's so perfect with this card. Can't imagine a more beautiful white card. TFS such an inspiration. Hugs

Donna E. said...

Love the white on white and the elegance of this card. It would be beautiful for almost any occasion and any recipient would be pleased to receive. The embossed frame is perfect to set off your pretty flower.