Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Love is in the Air

Here's another card made from the leftovers of the last class.  I love using the components of one card and challenging myself to make something a little bit different.



Again I used the Sahara Sand card with Island Indigo and White.  The heart from Punch Potpourri (retired) was stamped in Sahara Sand then overstamped with the butterfly from Kindness Matters and the postmark from French Foliage. (I stamped off on scrap paper before stamping on the heart.)

Challenges:
CAS at SCS Love is in the Air

CAS-ual Fridays: Love Song.  
     I'm going to show my age here.  The song I'm thinking of is "I Love You a Bushel and a Peck".  I sing it to my grandchildren all the time.

Simon Says Stamp:  Have a Heart

Stampendous February Challenge: Love is in the Air

CASology:  Red  (I hope this tiny red heart is enough for them. It's what draws my eye.)

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Punch Potpourri (retired), Kindness Matters, French Foliage, Itty, Bitty Banners
Ink:  Sahara Sand, Island Indigo, Cherry Cobbler
Paper:  Sahara Sand, Island Indigo, Whisper White
Other:  Square Lattice EF, Scalloped Heart of Hearts Embosslit, Fashionable Hearts Embosslit, Bitty Banners Framelits, Full Heart Punch

I hope all is well with you today.  Thanks so much for sharing your time with me.

Enjoy!


19 comments:

Cynthia said...

Love the layout on this one!! That punch of red is just PERFECT!

Benzi said...

Bonnie, that is such a pretty heart with the postmark and butterfly stamped inside. Great card!

Loll said...

Hi Bonnie. Great card using pieces from your stash!! Love that color combination - it's a winner! And, love all the texture from the square lattice embossing (my favorite). Loll xx

Ardyth said...

I love the sand and the indigo together and that pop of red is just the perfect finishing touch! I'm so glad you've played along with CASology this week!

jimlynn said...

Another beauty!!! Love the way you've stamped inside the heart. So lovely.
Lynn

Meghan said...

I love the pop of red on the card! Great overall design too! Thanks for joining in on the fun at CASology this week!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Love the pop of red on your beautiful card. Great use of leftovers! Have a Happy Valentines Day! Shirleyx

Carol L said...

I really like these colors together, and the embossing makes that little red heart pop! Shhh....don't tell anyone, but I remember that song too! *wink*

Rosemary said...

The pop of red does really draw your eye in, Wonderful card...thanks foe playing along with CASology this week!

Heather said...

A beautiful card Bonnie, a wonderful design and colour scheme, your details are stunning.

Thanks so much for joining in Simon Says Stamp challenge,
hugs
Heather xx

Kristie Goulet said...

Love the pop of red and your other color choices!

Unknown said...

This card is beautiful! I love the embossing and the delicacy of the images that were stamped off. (And my kids adore that song...it's a classic!)

Lesley said...

Love this Bonnie, the colours are serene and so pretty!!!

Marybeth said...

Simple and beautiful Bonnie! Love the embossed BG. Happy Valentine's Day!

Melinda Gleissner said...

Your card caught my eye over at the Stampendous Challenge Blog. I adore your soft blue/gray color scheme with the pop of red.

Jules said...

Hi Bonnie

Gorgeous colours on this one and I love the embossing very much.

I found the heart LOL!!!

Have a good day.

Love Jules xx

Aileen said...

Love your panel drawing your eye right into that little heart. x

Judy1223 said...

Bonnie, this is such a pretty card with a lovely pop of red! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

StampendousGraphics said...

Thanks so much for participating in our Love is in the Air Challenge! Your card is so simple and lovely. It really captures the spirit of love!