Sunday, February 17, 2013

Spectacular Birthday

Our Luke celebrated his 5th birthday last week.  I had made him a paper pieced card but then decided to use the pattern I'd found for a Spider-man card.  He's crazy about Spider-man and all those Avengers.  He really liked this card and that made me happy!



Spider-man is copyrighted by MARVEL.  I found the pattern for him here.  Natasha did a wonderful job of using Stampin' Up! punches for him.  Her pattern was very easy to follow.

The spider web on the top was a lucky find from the clearance shelf at a local craft store.  When I asked how much it was, it rang up at 1¢.  It was my lucky day!  The spider web on the white is embossed with my Stampin' Up! folder.

I'll take this over to  Pixie's Playground, since I used only snippets for the design on this card.    It's a 5" x 7" card so the base wasn't a snippet but everything else was.

Seize the Birthday challenge this week is to make a masculine card using this sketch.


I'll be Lesley didn't envision Spider Man as any shape.  Hopefully they won't kick me out!

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Wacky Wishes, Spider Web (Hero Arts Cling)
Ink:  Whisper White, Pacific Point
Paper:  Whisper White, Night of Navy, Real Red, Pacific Point, Basic Black
Other:  Big Shot, Spider Web EF, Punches (Extra Large Oval, Full Heart, 1 3/8" Circle, Word Window, Modern Label, Retired Small Oval,), Decorative Label Punch, Tiny Spider Punch (Studio G)

I'll leave you with a  shot of our little Hero himself.


I hope you are enjoying your weekend and that you get some time to stamp.

Enjoy!


26 comments:

Lesley said...

Oh good grief, this is AMAZING! Is there no end to your talent! My hubby says this is one cool card, he is a spidey lover too...you made his day with this post!
Hugs,
Lesley

Loll said...

Awesome!! How fantastic is that spiderman - great job with the punches ... aren't crafters so creative ... and aren't they wonderful for sharing their talents with all of us??!!

Luke looks like one happy guy :) Loll xx


Benzi said...

Oh my goodness, this is one super card for your little Luke. I can imagine just how much he loved it.
He sure looks very happy and very cute in the photo. He's growing up fast, isn't he?

Hey, I didn't know anything cost just a penny. LOL

Stacey Schafer said...

very cool!

jimlynn said...

Awesome card Bonnie!!!!! This is just so perfect for any super hero and I know Luke had to have loved it! PRECIOUS!!!
That little Luke is a cutie too!
Lynn

Susan said...

what a fantastic card, Bonnie! So creative and I'm sure it was a big hit!

Marisa said...

This is soooooo fun!!! LOVE IT and I'm sure he did too :)

Natasha Hein said...

OMG...Bonnie i love how your card turned out! your grandson is sooooo adorable! : )

take care,

Natasha Hein
www.diaryoftwocraftygirls.blogspot.com

Di said...

Oh WOW and double WOW Bonnie!! This is fantastic - all with SU punches? I'm off to check that one out - a brilliant use of snippets. Lovely photo of Luke too.

Hugs, Di xx

Sue - said...

Great card Bonnie. Bet he loves it.

Nikki Spencer said...

He is awesome Bonnie. Easy to see why Luke was impressed, you were way more creative than me...:0)
My little 4yr old man just celebrated his Birthday and he got a Nanny made Spiderman card too!
May need to case this for Mr 2, he loves whatever his big brother loves. xxx

Sarn said...

Oh WOW . . . that is SUCH a good idea for the card. Amazing that it's from punched out pieces.

Your grandson is a cutie.

Hugs,
Sarn xxx

Sarn said...

Ooh Bonnie . . . sorry if I made a mistake . . . of course Luke COULD be your son! Apologies if my assumption was incorrect! xxx

Kristie Goulet said...

Awesome card for your little super hero! Great job!

Cynthia said...

WOW WOW WOW!!! Your Spiderman is cool, awesome and over-the-top amazing!!

Susan said...

Thanks for the photo of your cute little grandson! I'm not surprised that he loved his card - it's fantastic! I know another little Spiderman fanatic so I'll have to file your card away for future ideas!

jimlynn said...

Bonnie, I'm back again - but just wanted to tell you that every time I look at this, I smile! And.....thanks for playing in the challenge at Seize the Birthday too!
Lynn

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a fantastic card, Of course your little man loved it, how could he not?

Emily Keaton said...

Shazam!! Bonnie, you made one super-cool super hero card!! his is terrific. It's no wonder your grandson loved this completely!

Darnell said...

Awww, thanks for sharing a picture of the darling birthday boy! Bonnie, your card is over-the-moon perfect for him and such a standout in the thumbnails for the STB sketch!!

LeAnne said...

How COOL is this! Into my fav saves for sure! Your grandson must have loved it for sure!

MaryH said...

Awesome card & no wonder your own little Hero loved it (he's a cutie BTW). Those punches made a fabulous Spidey, and your spiderweb embossing was so perfect with this theme. Well done, Grandma-ma! Hugs

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness..Bonnie, this is amazing! What a clever card. Thanks for joining us this week at Seize the Birthday.

Unknown said...

This is fantastic! I have a Spider-Man fanatic living in my house, so I am grateful for the link to the pattern. This card is amazing and I am sure it made Luke feel extra-special!!

Kay Miller said...

Congratulations on winning the challenge Bonnie!! This card was SO cute and so very clever!! Brilliant!!

Laura said...

It's me again Bonnie,Im going through your blog and theres soooo much beautiful cards!!! And Look at this spiderman card, OMG I love it!!! TFS