Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Blushing Fabulous Florets

The Featured Stamper at SCS this week is Pattie G.  I think she likes flowers as much as I do.  She has so many beautiful blooms in her gallery.  I chose this card to CASE.


Dynamic Duos has perfect colors for this design...


The photo doesn't show the true pink of the Blushing Bride.  I'm so glad this pink is coming back.

Simon Says Stamp Challenge this week is  

Simon Says ,,,,, HAPPY MAIL ! :-)

So any card or creation 'just because' to make someone happy.
Not a specific occasion like birthday, anniversary etc ,,,  :-)

I stamped the flower 3 times on Whisper White cardstock with Jet Black StazOn.  To get the soft pink on the petals, I swiped my Blushing Bride marker across a plastic lid and picked up the color with a Blender Pen and applied it to the petals.  Then I swiped the Calypso Coral marker to the lid and added that to the inside of the petals blending outward with the Blender Pen.  The centers were filled in with a Basic Black marker.  Then I fussy cut the flowers and added them to the label with dimensionals.

I used Calypso Coral to stamp the sentiment from a retired set.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Fabulous Florets, Song of Spring (retired)
Ink:  Jet Black StazOn, Calypso Coral, SU Markers (Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral, Basic Black)
Paper:  Blushing Bride, Basic Black, Whisper White
Other:  Labels Collection Framelits, Square Lattice EF

I'm so glad you stopped by to brighten a gloomy day.  Your friendship IS like a song of Spring.

Enjoy!










21 comments:

Benzi said...

Bonnie, those flowers AND the card are beautiful. Love the Blushing Bride and how you've got those flowers colored. This would be 'happy mail' for sure.

jimlynn said...

Very pretty. Love those colors together and you used the flower from my very favorite SU floral set! Love it!
Lynn

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Bonnie, I love your embossing and those pretty flowers.

MaryH said...

Beautiful card. That color is so pretty, a really delightful pink. Thanks for explaining how you did the flowers. That EF is certainly a very versatile one, isn't? Very chic with this flower set. TFS & thanks for paying a visit today.

Lisa said...

I was just on Splitcoast and saw this card...I should have known it was you! I'm not a fan of pink but this card really caught my eye. I love the embossing and the touch of black, plus those flowers are just too pretty to resist!

Laura said...

Beautiful Card!! I love those flowers and your coloring. Such a pretty card! TFS

Cathy said...

Beautiful Bonnie. I had a look at Pattie's card too and it's gorgeous. Cathy x

Greta said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, Bonnie! You've certainly honored Pattie with your CASE.

Loll said...

So pretty. Love the layout and design - such great texture with the embossed background. Loll xx

Karen Day said...

Just gorgeous, Bonnie! I love the solid 'pinkness' of your background - such a striking card! Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos this week :o)

scrappymo! said...

Great happy mail...I just love that sentiment!
Wonderful flower image and colouring too.
This card is even more special with that great embossing folder...It really makes everything else pop of iss' strong colour and texture!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love those colours and those pretty flowers

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love those colours and the pretty flowers

Cynthia said...

GORGEOUS color combo!! Love the flowers--awesome!!

Karen M said...

This is wonderful, Bonnie. I think the little touch of black just gives the whole card a lift because of the pretty pale colours.

Sue - said...

Very pretty. The black doodling really sets it off.

Elizabeth said...

Another beautiful card, Bonnie. Love that embossing folder and the stamped flowers embellishing the topper are lovely. Elizabeth xx

Jules said...

Hi Bonnie

A lovely design and I love the pink and black.

Gorgeous flowers too.

Love Jules xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Bonnie :-) the flowers are lovely and the colors and embossing are FAB :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Chrissy Larson said...

I love the texture on this!

Joy said...

So beautiful and elegant.. thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog