Thursday, August 8, 2013

Blooming Meadow Summer

Don't you just love summery colors like watermelon, strawberry and peach?  Mmm mmm!



Addicted to CAS  is looking for




All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Blooming Meadow (Hero Arts)
Ink: SU Markers (Strawberry Slush, Pumpkin Pie, Sahara Sand, Always Artichoke, Midnight Muse)
Paper:  Whisper White, Strawberry Slush
Other:  Square Lattice EF, Large Scallop Framelit, Primrose Petals Ribbon, Basic Pearls

I mentioned last week that I was playing with the Dare to Get Dirty Challenge at SCS.  I managed to enter 11 cards that fulfilled 29 out of the 42 challenges. Whew! By the time I got the last of them in the gallery, I was bushed.  I'm already planning some strategy for next year.  Anyone want to watch Jack for a week next August?

The challenges were really fun and I tried a couple of techniques that I'd been wanting to try for  a long time.  I didn't think I could complete all the challenges and I was really pleased to get as many done as I did.  I thought I'd share a few of those cards since I didn't have time to blog them.



The leaves were made using the Polished Stone technique that I'd been wanting to try for 5 years or more.  See recipe here.


This card was inspired by my friend and fellow Queen for the Day, Loll Thompson.  She has a link for cutting instructions that made this really easy.  See recipe for this card here.



This was my daughter's favorite of them all.  You can see the card recipe here.

Thanks for the visit. 

Enjoy!

20 comments:

Benzi said...

Your card is beautiful and certainly looks like summer.
Congrats for getting to so many of the DTGD challenges. My 4 yr.old grandson was here and there was no way to get more than four done and that was before he got here. -:)

jimlynn said...

Bonnie, your card is gorgeous! Love all the summery colors. So pretty.
All the rest of the cards for SCS are fantastic too! Great accomplishment.
Lynn

Hettie said...

Wow Bonnie. You have been a busy bunny! Love all the cards but the first one looks so juicy.
xx

Cynthia said...

Oh, Bonnie, you've been BUSY!!! All of your cards are just awesomely beautiful!! I totally agree with your daughter--the window box with the flowers is my favorite too! ;-)

Marisa said...

Beautiful wild flowers, Bonnie :) Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call. Well done on the DTGD cards too. The sunshine one is wonderful.

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Love the summery colours of your beautiful card at the top. All of your designs are beautiful! Shirleyx

Cat Craig said...

came over from curtain call...love your interpretation. The colors are phenomenal.

Anonymous said...

Phew-You have been busy Bonnie-your summer themed card is s pretty,love that mix of happy colours.
I really like the leaf card too-will hop off to have a look at your links now thank you for sharing :)
Nessa xx

Laura said...

WOW, Bonnie!! And I thought I was busy. You really been creating some Gorgeous and Fun cards. Love all the techniques you used. I will have to check them out. TFS

Flo Langley said...

Yey! Bonnie you are in my column this week. Gorgeous cards as always. Hope all is well. Thank you for playing along with the ATCAS challenge.
Florence x

Ellen Taylor said...

Theses are all fantastic Bonnie! You have been busy!! Really love the colors in the first one!! Have a fabulous weekend!!

Patrice said...

Your card SCREAMS summer!!! I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/08/52-card-pickup-232.html

Colleen Dietrich said...

I am amazed at how many challenges you were able to complete, Bonnie. Especially while babysitting! No wonder they could not all get blogged. I like all the ones you show here, especially the last two.

Loll said...

Hi Bonnie. First of all, love your "fruity" card :) Those colors are so beautiful and definitely say "summer".

Congrats on getting through so many of the DTGD challenges - wow - 29 is awesome! I think I did 24 and am pretty proud that I got that many done - more than last year. Loll xx

Stacey Schafer said...

hat a beautiful display of cards, Bonnie! so glad you could play along with us at the Curtain Call!

Darnell said...

Oh, my goodness, what a lot of work! Well done, Bonnie, on getting so many challenges nailed! You have done Loll proud with your window card!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a fun stop here today! All the gorgeous eye candy :) Thanks for joining in with ATCAS~

scrappymo! said...

Fantastic cards. You got so many finished up. They are all wonderful!

Mrs A. said...

Well done on managing so many of the techniques. The cards you have shown here are all dlightful. Need to go and find out about this glass polished effect. Hugs Mrs a.

XxJULESxX said...

Hi I came over from Pinterest i LOVE your cards so inspiring they are all beautiful!! i am now following you!