Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Elegant Bird in Watercolor

This isn't totally my creation.  But my co-artist doesn't mind my sharing.


I thought that maybe if I let Jack use the Crayola watercolor paints 
and some watercolor paper that I didn't like,
that I could paint side by side with him.

It didn't work out that way.  He's much too fast and demanding an artist.

I kept having to get clean water,
more paper,
more paper towels.

The only watercolor I got to do was wiping up the splatters off the table
and the floor
and our clothes.

But....

When he was finished, and I cut away some from the edges,
he had some really pretty colors.

A lesson in don't throw it away!

I cut some of one piece with my Elegant Bird die
and made an anniversary card for Jack's Mommy and Daddy.

I'm hoping that one day I can paint
and he'll clean up after me!

Do you think they'll kick this out of

It was made from a background.

A BIG background!

We'll try.


I'm so glad you could stop by.

Enjoy,
and Jack


    **********
Card Recipe
Stamps:  Loving Thoughts, Take it to Heart (retired)
Ink:  Encore Silver, Crayola Watercolors
Paper:  Neena 110# white, Whisper White, Watercolor (Strathmore), Pear Pizzazz
Other:  Elegant Bird Die (SU clearance rack), Labels Collection Framelits, Lacy Brocade EF, Silver EP, Lorelei Leaf (Memory Box)

I made this into a 5" x 7" card so Mommy could keep it in a frame if she'd like.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.






23 comments:

Di said...

Oh this is just fabulous Bonnie!! Clever Jack and clever Granny too for for making such a lovely keepsake.

Hugs, Di xx

laurie said...

What a fun time you had! And a lovely card!

jimlynn said...

Jack did a FANTASTIC job!! Oh, and so did you Bonnie! Beautiful card and I love the wonderful bluebird.
Jack is a cutie pie - but you can tell him I said he was very handsome!
Lynn

Bobby said...

I love the art that children do. They are so free with their designs. Using his paper for the bird is the best of both of you.

Loll said...

OMG so beautiful ... Jack is an art-teest! :) So nice that he can paint away and have his grandma cleaning up and fetching for him ... sort of reminds me of Jer :)

Obviously he has the creative gene from his grandma, so you need to nurture, although that probably means less time for you to play :)

Very special card made by the two of you for Jack's mom and dad ... I'm sure it will be treasured.

Loll xx

Lesley said...

Love that happy face...I can picture him painting up a storm! Sounds like a fun day...even for the mopping lady... LOL! Adorable card!

Colleen said...

OMG, I wish I could create something this good! Tell Jack he did great and YES you need to take this to the class...it will be admired by many!

Sue - said...

I bet you really enjoyed yourselves making this lovely card in spite of all the cleaning up. Don't think there's any chance of him ever clearing up after you though! Gorgeous photo of him too! Hugs Suex

Sue - said...

Huh just left a comment and blogger decided to have an error! Anyway bet you both had a great time making this lovely card. Don't think there's much chance of him ever cleaning up after you though! Gorgeous photo of him as well. Hugs Sue x

Benzi said...

Oh, Jack is really quite the artist, along with his Nana. His parents will be very proud to receive this beautiful water colored bird. What fun you have with Jack. His smile is just too adorable.

Hettie said...

Well done to the pair of you. I call that "teamwork"!
I hope he is allowed to continue. So many kids give up after a while.
Hugs
xx

Brenda said...

OMGosh, how fun and cute is Jack?!! I love that he was water coloring with you-ok maybe you didn't get to water color, but wow! I love Jack's water coloring!! I love too that you made a card for his parents using his creation. How fun and very special for the parents Bonnie! You are one rockin' grandma!! Yes, maybe one day he will clean up after you!!! Hugs

LeAnne said...

Well, aren't you a good grammy to be able to salvage some of Jack's watercoloring to make this gorgeous creation!! Way to go, Grammy AND Jack!

Susan said...

What a perfect card to give to Jack's parents! And what fun to do some art together! I love the colours Jack combined - such rich gorgeous blues. And even more, I love what you did with it!

Sue said...

Oh wow clever Jack! this is absolutely lovely Bonnie :) huggles Sue xx

Darnell said...

Bonnie, this is easily my most favorite post of the year in all of Blogland! What an excellent grandmother you are, what an excellent card artist and designer you are (you "saw" the beautiful possibilities in Jack's painting), and what an excellent historian you are. Now this art work will forever be saved for Jack's family. What a gift!

And, yes, God willing, that's how life works. Jack will be taking care of you many, many years from now! Hugs, Darnell

Deepti said...

This is beautiful, u have used this bird quite a lot but every time u use it, it looks so different :) amazing water coloring

Cynthia said...

Ah, you have a budding artist!!! =D Gorgeous bird--love the vivid colors!

Unknown said...

The colors in this are fantastic, Bonnie and I love that you used Jack's artwork to make a card for his parents. He is just too adorable!

Cathy said...

Stunning colours Bonnie and Jack! What a gorgeous card, sounds like you both had so much fun, Cathy x

Shirley said...

Outstanding and I really like how you layered your image, the shades of color, and the whole design!

Greta said...

Oh how wonderful, Bonnie! This is truly a treasure! Jack is such a cutie--thanks for sharing the picture.

Joni Andaya said...

Oh...how i love the way your colored the bird!