Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Happy Watercolor Poppy

This is the last week this wonderful set is available from Stampin' Up!


I have really enjoyed this set.

Especially the poppy.

For the first card I stamped with StazOn on a Watercolor Splotch background.


This time I stamped the flower head with Real Red on watercolor paper
I colored in the flower with a Tangerine Tango marker. 
and added highlights with Real Red.

After stamping the stem on the card,
 I fussy cut the bloom and popped it 
over the stem with dimensionals.

The background is really easy with the stamps from this set.
I got a soft color background by inking and stamping off
before stamping on the design piece.

is having
MAKE YOUR MARK week.
They have a new sponsor this week.
Do go check it out.

has a word prompt this time


The MUSE this week
is Cornelia.
Here's her card.

says to do Artsy Cards this week.
It might be a background, a hand-drawn image, a sketchy texture stamp, or a special saying. We challenge you this week to get out your artsy stamps and play! Or – get any stamps our and join us in some artsy stamping fun!
I'm hoping the watercolor background is artsy enough.
The Design Team creations are way more artsy than mine!
Do go take a look.

says ANYTHING GOES

All these challenges have so much inspiration
both from their Designers and the Gallery.
If you're ever stuck for an idea, go visit.

I'm so glad you could stop by today.

Enjoy!
    **********
Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Happy  Watercolor
Ink: Jet Black StazOn
Paper: 110# (Neena), Tangerine Tango, Shimmery White
Other:  Re-inkers, Aqua Painter, Basic Pearls (colored with Sharpie)

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Happy Watercolor
Ink: Real Red, Soft Sky Pistachio Pudding, Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz, Early Espresso,  SU Markers (Tangerine Tango, Real Red, Early Espresso)
Paper:  110# (Neena), Basic Black, Whisper White, Watercolor (Strathmore)



36 comments:

Deepti said...

Oh my God Bonnie, these cards are so striking. The colors on ur first card are jaw dropping amazing with an equally amazing design :)Thank you for sharing with ATSM!!

Elizabeth said...

Two beautiful cards Bonnie. I just love the watercolour bases - they are the perfect foil for the stamp. Elizabeth xx

Hettie said...

I do like these Bonnie. Poppies are one of my favourite flowers and these are no exception.
Hugs
xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Both of these are gorgeous, love the watercolour technique and colours. Enjoy the rest of the week, Shirleyx

Greta said...

Love seeing how one stamp can make 2 completely different cards--both of which are beautiful, Bonnie!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Hi Bonnie, thanks for playing at the Muse this week! This is such a wonderful interpretation - beautiful watercolor strip and the delicate poppy just shines on it! Like your black enamel dots. Your second card is gorgeous as well. that black frame makes that poppy pop!

Kylie said...

Bonnie! I love those backgrounds! Then the poppies are just stunning! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

Doris said...

That red poppy made a beautiful card with the background you used!

Irish Cherokee said...

Love both cards bonnie but that poppy is spectacular.

jimlynn said...

Two more watercolor beauties! Love the background especially on that second card and the pop of the poppy! Very nice.
Lynn

Lesley said...

Love both cards! I was tempted by this set...I am surprised it is not carrying over!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

These cards are absolutely stunning! The watercolor background you created is such a treat for the eyes! I love how these cards are so sophisticated even though they contain just a few colors. I really love how you made the flowers the focal point even though the backgrounds are show-stoppers, too! Really lovely and inspiring pieces and I'm so glad you shared them with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Irene said...

Bonnie, I abcolutely LOVE your watercolour cards they are truly beatutiful. Wonderful colours and designs.
luv
irene
xxxx

Nonni said...

2 beautiful cards! I love the soft look of your poppy and the artsy feel of these cards. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

Sue - said...

Two gorgeous cards again Bonnie. Such a shame it's being retired as I love it too. Mine will be staying in my craft room!

SemSee said...

Both cards are so beautiful. That Poppy stamp is gorgeous and the watercolour background are perfect. xx

Susan said...

Two lovely cards - very inspiring for me as I bought that set but haven't yet used it! I like the two alternative background styles.

Colleen said...

Bonnie, poppies are one of my favorite flowers (I may say that about a couple more, but these truly are one of them) and I love what you did with both, but the red one just pops..it is stunning!

Cynthia said...

Love that poppy stamp! But the backgrounds make the card!!

Brenda said...

Wow Bonnie, both of these cards are amazing!! I love both of the watercolor backgrounds, so afraid to try it myself. lol But so love it too!! That poppy flower is amazing, really love how you colored it on the second card. Hugs, Brenda

Jingle said...

Wow! These are really beautiful!

Kim M said...

Both cards are superb but the red poppy one is just phenomenal! Love the way you did the background too. Thanks for playing along with us at Inkspirational! :-)

Sue said...

Oh Bonnie what gorgeous cards really lovely! I love poppies :) huggles Sue xx

Barb Ghig said...

Two beautiful cards, Bonnie! You did an amazing job with the Poppies...I especially love the red one!

Colleen Dietrich said...

These poppies look amazing against the watercolored backgrounds, Bonnie! I think the top one is my favorite.

Marina said...

Love the bold splashes of colour with the soft touch of watercolour. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

Ardyth said...

These are both so pretty Bonnie - I love how you've interpreted Cornelia's Muse in such a classic way! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

Joni Andaya said...

Amazing!!! Oh so loving the background :)

Jackie Rockwell said...

Wow Bonnie both cards are stunning! Really love the background on the second one!!!

Anonymous said...

Bonnie like you I love that stamp set as well. Both of your cards are great. I love the colors in your first card. They are rich and warm. Great job.

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful! Your touches of water coloring are perfect! I would have never thought to use real red with the tangerine, but it looks great. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

scrappymo! said...

So soft and pretty for the background and striking looking poppy!

landerson213 said...

Love your cards. Especially the watercolor background on the first. It's blended so lovely. And the flower silhouette on top is just gorgeous. :)

Lauren
http://landersoncraftydesigns.wordpress.com/

Emily Leiphart said...

Both of these are beautiful, Bonnie! I love your watercolouring. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I think the water color background is very artsy! I didn't realize that this stamp set didn't make it to the new catalog. I'm glad I have mine then!

Taunya Butler said...

Those poppy card, they are so amazingly breath taking! The Psst poppy just "pop"s off the card!! So well done!!