Sunday, May 25, 2014

Lattice Work

The Lattice Die is retiring from the Stampin' Up! catalog.

It'll be staying on my shelf.

Here's a couple of cards I've made with it.


and



You can find a video with instructions for the window card here.

Thank you Dawn.

Here's another card using this die.  I did a couple of years ago.


The cross was cut from the lattice.

I'm so sad to say that our dear friend who had the heart transplant passed away.
He was doing so well and we had high hopes that he would be with us for a long time.
The Lord needed him more.
Please pray for his wife and family.
He will be dearly missed.

Thanks for stopping by.

Live is short.
Enjoy!
    **********
Card Recipe (card 1)
Paper: Soft Sky, Vellum, Whisper White, Silver Glimmer
Other:  Window Frame Framelit, Lattice Die, Bird Builder Punch, Square Lattice EF, Owl Builder Punch (heart), Organdy ribbon (Joann Fabric)

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamp: Papillon Potpourri
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento), SU Marker Daffodil Delight), VersaMark
Paper:  Neena 110#, Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz, Vellum Paper
Other: Window Frame Framelit, Lattice Die, Lorelei Leaf die (Memory Box), Elegant Butterfly Punch, Shapeabilities (Spellbinders), Basic Pearls

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.




13 comments:

jimlynn said...

All are so beautiful and elegant looking! I think my favorite is the second one but so hard to choose!
Lynn

Lesley said...

So sorry to hear about your friend, Bonnie. I had forgotten about this die... love your cards, especially the butterfly card. ♥

Marisa said...

These are great, Bonnie! Love the embossed birds, ADORE the vellum leaves and white space on the second, great cross image for the third.

Shirley said...

Both cards are lovely, Bonnie! I really loved the last one too! I remember it!

Bobby said...

Wow, Bonnie. I expected that butterfly to fly right off the card. They are both so gorgeous.

I'm so sorry about your friend. My DIL had a friend who recently passed away after a heart transplant. It's a miracle that it's even possible to do. Prayers for the family.

Darnell said...

Bonnie, I'm so very sorry to hear that your friend died. I will remember his wife and family in my prayers.

Your cards are so beautiful using that lattice die!! That second one would be a beautiful card for your friend's wife. At least it seems to really speak to me in that way. Love, Darnell

laurie said...

I love that die.... awesome cards with it!

I don't have it, but my friend does.In fact she is coming over this week to stamp and we plan to make a few cards with it.

Brenda said...

This is a great die to have in your library Bonnie! All these cards are so beautiful. I love this die because it makes cards look so elegant-glad to know it will stay on your shelf!! Hugs, Brenda

Susan said...

Both of those cards are wonderful - I love the way the lattice is behind the window framelit. Great idea to add some texture to the birds! And I love the corner brackets and the pearls on the butterfly card!

Loll said...

Lovely cards using the lattice die. You've really highlighted how versatile it is ... too bad it's retiring.

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's passing. Take comfort in your wonderful memories of him. Loll xx

Greta said...

I'm so sorry you lost your friend, Bonnie. So hard to understand why God takes some to heaven when we want them with us. Your cards are absolutely stunning!

Deepti said...

How did I miss these beauties, what a fab use of dies and the design of all these are so brilliant :) so glad I made a trip to ur blog :)

Joni Andaya said...

Awesome cards Bonnie....the lattice die-cut is fantastic :)