Monday, May 19, 2014

Merry Monday Flower

Hello friends. It's Merry Monday Time again.

This week it's my turn to choose the challenge.

Can you guess what I chose?


Here's what I chose.


I signed up for the Online Watercolor Class

I've finally watched had time to watch some videos and play a bit.

This technique is from day 7.
Joni Nina Andaya showed how to create her beautiful style with rich colors
and Dawn Woleslagle offered some really good tips for watercoloring stamped images.

I stamped the poinsettia with Real Red ink then used an Aqua Painter and some ink to color in the petals.  I used some Cherry Cobbler reinker to add some darker highlights.

I was painting on dry paper and used very little water.

I should have started with a different color.

I'll keep trying.

After coloring the poinsettia and letting it dry, 
I masked it and stamped the leaves and pine sprigs.
I used the Aqua Painter to  diffuse the ink a bit.

I tried to  use the Aqua Painter on the sentiment.

Wish I hadn't done that!

This is also for Addicted to CAS



I hope you'll put a flower on a Christmas card and join us at

Thanks for the visit.

Enjoy!
    ***********
Card Recipe
Stamps:  Joyful Christmas, Greetings of the Season, Magical Season, Pine Branch (Inkadinkado)
Ink:  Real Red, Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper:  140 lb. cold press (Strathmore)
Other:  Aqua Painter, Basic Pearls

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted


31 comments:

Benzi said...

Your poinsettia is beautiful, Bonnie. I can tell you are really enjoying your water color class and learning so much.

Kristie Goulet said...

Stunning watercolored poinsettia, Bonnie! You rocked it! Have a great week.

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card, Bonnie! I love this stamp set and always forget I have it. Sadly, it has not seen ink, yet! Love the effect the watercoloring does with this flower! Beautiful & very inspiring! Have a great week,my friend! :)

Colleen said...

This is beautiful, Bonnie...fabulous job with the water coloring!

jimlynn said...

It's not only a good choice, but a great one! LOVE that poinsettia and your coloring with the reinkers is so beautiful!
Lynn

Darnell said...

Now, see, Bonnie, I thought your soft focus watercolor look on the sediment was intended because it goes so fabulously with the watercolor impact of your beautiful poinsettia! I think your homework is A++! And thank you for joining in the Off the Edge challenge at ATCAS!! Have a great day! Hugs, Darnell

Irish Cherokee said...

Festive elegance is what this card shows. Beautiful.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Bonnie, it looks like you have been using watercolours for years - gorgeous!!!!

Deanne :)

Bobby said...

It looks great, Bonnie.

Sue said...

Stunning Bonnie really gorgeous love that poinsettia huggles Sue xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is really gorgeous, love the pearls

Gibmiss said...

Hi Bonnie
Wow this is gorgeous... Stunning card....
Hugs Sylvie xxx

Karren said...

Fabulous challenge, Bonnie and a gorgeous card! That flower is a stunner!

Loll said...

Great job with watercoloring Bonnie. I love the shading you've added ... and the pearls for the center - very pretty. Loll xx

Aileen said...

Your flower is stunning Bonnie. Gorgeous card. x

Brenda said...

Wow Bonnie, this is stunning!! I love that poinsettia, looks amazing even if you think you need to keep practicing, I don't see that. Love the beautiful sentiment too. Hugs

Colleen Dietrich said...

Your watercolored poinsettia turned out so pretty, Bonnie! And the little pearls in the center: perfect touch.

I have yet to hop on the watercolor trend. I am slooooow to adopt new ones!

Susan said...

Great choice for the challenge, Bonnie. I've been missing from Merry Monday recently as the weather has been perfect for gardening and I've had so much to do outside. But I'll do your challenge for sure!

Love your card - great use of the watercolouring technique with the reinker added for extra depth. I need to start working through the watercolour course lessons!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

AMAZINGLY beautiful watercolor poinsettia!! Thanks so much for a wonderful challenge this week!

Lesley said...

This is one of my favourite stamp sets and it looks amazing watercoloured. Gorgeous card!

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card Bonnie, your poinsettia is stunning.

LeAnne said...

Well, I think it's beautiful! At least you're trying something new by taking that class....I am still here doing the same old thing! It is gorgeous just the way it is!

Fabiola said...

magnifique Bonnie, très belle création, merci de ton chaleureux accueil comme guest cette semaine, biz

Anonymous said...

I think its beautiful too ! gorgeous and vivid colors and the design is perfect. Thanks so much for joining in Bonnie its always a pleasure to see your beautiful art at ATCAS.

Marie

Michelle Lupton said...

So very beautiful! Thanks so much for linking up your card to our Off the Edge challenge at ATCAS ;)

Cynthia said...

Gorgeous. Just gorgeous. LOVE that red poinsettia!!!

Susan Joyce said...

Beautiful Christmas card Bonnie, I love the flower theme and was thinking about using flowers for a MM challenge too.

Beverley said...

Bonnie...beautiful card...thanks for sharing it...and also thank you for droppin' by my blog.

stampin' hugz
Beverley

JoAnn said...

Wow, Bonnie, your card is gorgeous. I love this stamp set and your colored the poinsettia beautifully. Love this effect. Great job.

Karen Davis said...

Ohhhh! Lovely watercolouring Bonnie.It really brings the stamp alive. Take care and all the best.

Greta said...

Oh wow--what a beauty! The recipient can frame this & have a decoration to use every year!