Saturday, February 14, 2015

Masking Butterfly Basics for ATCAS


It's time for another challenge at Addicted to CAS.

Harriet is our hostess this week and this is what she chose....


We have a new Guest Designer for this month, Ellen Parker (In a World of Craft).

I can't wait for you to see what she designed for this challenge!

And as always, the rest of the Design Team has outdone themselves!

Our sponsor this week is

Inspired by Stamping

giving a $20 gift voucher to our winner.

To make this card, I inked the flower from the new Butterfly Basics (SU) set 
with Stampin' Write Markers and stamped on a piece of Whisper White.

I huffed on the stamp and stamped again in the background.
(Second generation stamping.)

I stamped the flowers on a sticky note and fussy cut that out 
to use as a mask.

Placing the mask over the stamped flowers, I stamped the fern, 
which had been inked with a Wild Wasabi Stamin' Write marker.

I swiped the markers on a plastic lid and picked up some color
with a Blender Pen and lightly added some color to the inside
of the flowers and around and between the flowers to.
I liked that watercolor look.

Now it's your turn.
I can't wait to see what you create.

(our sister challenge)
is 
ANYTHING GOES


Thanks so much for your visit and your lovely comments.

Enjoy!
    **********
Card Recipe
Stamps:  Butterfly Basics
Ink: Wild Wasabi, SU Markers (Strawberry Slush, Wild Wasabi)
Paper:  Solar White (Neena), Whisper White
Other:  Stitched Mats Rectangles (Lil' Inker), Blender Pen

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted



30 comments:

Sue - said...

So pretty Bonnie! I love that stamp set.

Benzi said...

I like that watercolor look, too. This is gorgeous, Bonnie, and the second generation stamping looks fabulous. It's a WOW card!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous card, Bonnie! I love how you stamped and masked your flowers and the color combo is beautiful!

Betty said...

love your card Bonnie - the soft pinks and greens are so pretty and great design too!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous design with beautiful stamping and colours. Have a great weekend, Shirleyxx

stampwithsandy said...

Gorgeous! Beautiful card, Bonnie. Superb job masking.

Brenda said...

Oh my Bonnie, this card is simply gorgeous! I was just looking at this stamp set wondering if I should get it or not. lol I think you are making me want it even more! Hugs, Brenda

Harriet Skelly said...

Bonnie your stamping and masking is perfectly done - what a beautiful card!

jimlynn said...

Beautiful watercoloring look and a very pretty card. Great masking on the flowers and fern too.
Lynn

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous stamped flower arrangement

Deepti said...

This is so pretty! Fabulous masking

Loll said...

So pretty Bonnie. Love the soft colours. Loll xx

Dana said...

Gorgeous!! I love your second generation stamping!! Fabulous flowers!!

Bobby said...

Love those ferns behind the flowers, Bonnie, and the second generation stamping. Lovely.

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card Bonnie. Love the design and pretty colors.

Karen M said...

Your card is so pretty Bonnie - I Love it! Thanks so much for joining us this week at ATSM xx

Rahmat said...

What a beauty Bonnie! Just a sore the colors on this card. Thanks for joining us at ATSM.

Kylie said...

wow! absolute stunner, Bonnie. Your colours are so pretty and I love the design and stamps! Thanks for also linking up at ATSM xx

Unknown said...

Love, love, love this card! It's so soft and beautiful! Make me wish for spring.

Lee-Anne said...

WOW...stunning card, Bonnie! Love the colors and your masking! So happy you could join us at ATSM!

Susan said...

What a beautiful card - makes me yearn for summer and my flower garden! Well done on the mask - I never get them quite right!

MaryH said...

Simply beautiful. Great job with this marvelous SU set. Color choices were perfect and your masking was splendid. Just a big WOW for this card. TFS & Hugs.

laurie said...

This is beautiful, Bonnie!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A really beautiful card Bonnie, love how you have stamped this.

gail said...

Love the watercolour look. Lovely card. Gail xx

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful blooms!

Wendy said...

This card is so pretty, Bonnie! I just ordered this set and can't wait to play with it! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Susan said...

Great job on the watercolor look. I can never achieve that!

Jaydee said...

Bonnie, this is so soft and serene. What a beautifully composed card.
hugs
jaydee

Cynthia said...

Sweet flowers. I love the colors!