Monday, November 16, 2015

Merry Monday Reindeer


Did  you know there's only 5 more Mondays before Christmas?


This week's challenge is brought to us by Debbie.


I bought this reindeer die online late last year.

I didn't realize it was so BIG!

The fact that it was a BIGZ die should have given me a clue!

But it was fun to work with.

I used the die to cut out the reindeer then
stamped over the body with the Sanded background stamp
and Soft Suede ink.  Using an Aqua Painter, I moved the ink around
to give him a washed look.

I used the So Saffron ink pad and Aqua Painter 
to color his antlers.

A little dabbing with some Brown Sugar ink
picked up with the Aqua Painter
gave his antlers the look of texture.

I hunted for some tiny jingle bells but couldn't find them.

So I punched some little circles from snippets of Red Glimmer paper.

They won't jingle, but they will go through the postal service better.

Since I have texture on this, I'm going to take it over to
I have dry embossing and glitter paper.

and

I told you I'd become addicted to tags!


This has the debossed snowflakes. (I put the adhesive on the wrong side).  Oops!

It still works for texture.  And there's stamping, watercolor, die cuts, a bell and ribbon.

is open until the 22nd.
There's still plenty of time to join in.



I hope you'll go over to Merry Monday and check out 
all the fantastic inspiration the Design Team, and our Guest Designer, Rocky, 
have for  you.

Thanks for the visit.

Enjoy!
    **********
Card Recipe
Stamps:  Sanded Background (retired SU)
Ink:  Soft Suede, So Saffron, Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green
Paper:  Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White (SU), Watercolor (140 lb. cold press Strathmore)
Other:  Prancing Deer (Tim Holtz/Sizzix), Aqua Painter, Snowflake EF (Darice), Pinpoint Main Street Tag Die (Poppystamps), Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine (SU), Paper Punch (Wal-mart)


26 comments:

Betty said...

great tag Bonnie and i love the texture you created on your reindeer! no reindeer in my vast collection of stamps so will have to skip MM this week.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I love your big die, a beautiful card and the little tags on it.
Your big tag is just perfect.

Thanks for the reminder there is only 5 Mondays, it set me into a blind panic LOL.

Barb said...

What a beautiful card and tag too. He's a splendid reindeer and I love the way you've stamped onto his. Beautiful work. Barbxx

JoAnn said...

I love the way you did the background stamp over the reindeer, and added the red glitter paper bells around his neck. A lovely card.
Your reindeer tag is pretty also. Love them both.

jimlynn said...

That deer is so majestic looking! Very pretty the way you stamped over the die and then moved the ink around. Beautiful card and tag!
Lynn

Loll said...

Beautiful card and matching tag Bonnie. Your reindeer is gorgoeus ... love him with the stamped background ... it's just perfect!! Love the little bit of sparkle from your glittery small circles, and the jingle bell on the tag. Sweet!! Thanks for sharing at my tag event. xx

alexandra s.m. said...

so well done! Love your style Bonnie!
Thank You~

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous CAS card and tag Bonnie, I love your reindeer made with designer paper.

Greta said...

Classy & beautiful--love that die!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

WOW!!Bonnie, what a gorgeous die of a Reindeer, love the texture you gave his body and antlers. Great idea for the Jingle Bells, look just perfect around his neck. How big is this die? looks to me to be maybe 5"x4"? It's just beautiful.
And I love the tag too, how did you turned the image around?? Forgive me all the questions, I'm just a curious person.
Thank you for sharing your beautiful creations.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Creating with Susan said...

It is a big die but it looks great! I love the texture that you created on the deer!

Liz said...

Fabulous card and tag, Bonnie. The die is really lovely - the reindeer looks so majestic. xx

Linda said...

Lovely Bonnie. I thought your reindeer was made with the wood paper. Amazing.

Susan said...

Can't wait to play in MM this week as I love reindeer on Christmas cards! Your card and tag are both beautiful - love the way you added colour and texture to your reindeer. Perfect against the embossed snowflake background!

Pat said...

I love this deer Bonnie both on the card and on this pretty tag and I adore the snowflake embossing in the background of both against the red card and ribbon. x

MaryH said...

Beautiful! This guy does look quite large, but you've done him proud! He works great on this pretty white embossing, and love his little festive collar. You did a great job on the colorwashing. Also loved that you were able to display his handsome self on your nifty tag (yeah, I think you have become addicted, but you're managing your addiction so nicely, it's fun to watch it!) TFS & Hugs too.

Marybeth said...

Wow, both are stunning! Love the alternative bells on the deer for the card much easier to mail . The bell on the tag always a fun idea,I say I can hear the kids shake the gifts under the tree:) .I love making tags too!

Kristie Goulet said...

I absolutely love the texture on your reindeer, Bonnie! Great card. Hope you are having a great week.

Colleen said...

Bonnie, as always, amazing and inspirational cards (and tag!) You are so gifted friend!! I love being on the team with you...wish we lived closer so I could learn from you!!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Bonnie, what a fabulous reindeer - so amazing!! Hope you have a great weekend!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your textured reindeer, Bonnie - so rustic, yet elegant! Had to laugh out loud about your BigZ die - yup, that would be a big un. Anyway, you made perfect use of it - thanks for the inspiration at Merry Monday!!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Love the rustic feel of your reindeer Bonnie and such cute bling too!

Susan Joyce said...

Love the detail you created on your reindeer Bonnie, lovely CAS design.

Bobby said...

At first I thought your reindeer was cut from wood, Bonnie. He looks great and I love the little tags hanging from the twine.

Nance said...

I thought the reindeer were wood, too, Bonnie! Fabulous techniques!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I like that stamped texture on the deer, makes him look wooden. Great card and tag!