Saturday, February 18, 2017

Gardenia Love

Hello friends.  I hope the weekend has started off well for you.

I've been busy in the studio this week.


I used both the Gorgeous Gardenia dies, painting both  pieces with some
Frost White Paint that my dear friend Loll sent me.

I went over the leaves with some watercolor paint.

The background was watercolored with some Vintage Photo Distress ink
smooshed on my palette and picked up with a waterbrush.
I used the wet on wet technique on Mixed Media Paper.

When dry, I randomly stamped the script and postmark with some
Vintage Photo ink that had been stamped off. (2nd generation stamping.)

I painted some more Vintage photo on a scrap of mixed media paper and
die cut with the love die.

The piece is mounted on foam and the card base is Acrylic Paper.
I love the texture and color of acrylic paper.


 The Flower Challenge#5 is to CASE (Copy and Share Everything)
a card by the Guest Designer Therese. Here is her card...
I used the same die and watercolor as my CASE elements.
A big thank you to The Flower Challenge for choosing this card
as a Top Pick last month!

              Memory Box Challenge #21                                          Simon Says Wednesday Challenge
                                                                                                               FANTASTIC FLORALS 



The CAS Watercolour Card Challenge is open until the 24th.




Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!




Card Recipe
Stamps:  French Foliage (retired SU)
Ink:   Vintage Photo (Distress)
Paper:   Mixed Media (Strathmore), Acrylic (Strathmore)
Other:  Heartfelt Die (PB), Gorgeous Gardenia dies (MB )(I'm sorry but it looks like only the background die is still available.), Frost White paint (Tsukineko)


24 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Yummy gardenia, Bonnie! Just love the frost white flower again the distress ink background!

jimlynn said...

Love the look the distress inks watercolored gave on this. So beautiful! Very pretty die.
Lynn

Barb said...

What a lovely die this is and the background looks lovely. I do like that frosty white. Barbxx

Mac Mable said...

Congratulations on the top pick. The gardenia die cut is really pretty and love the white frost paint.Gorgeous background too on your ever so pretty card x

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful mixed media textures and techniques, Bonnie. I have never used acrylic paper..I will have to check it out. Love your card my friend. Hugs..

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Bonnie this is gorgeous - love the texture in the die cuts and the soft background
Blessings
Maxine

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh Bonnie, what a gorgeous CASE of Therese's card, I'm so glad you used the same die she did for this challenge.
The detail of the fabulous background color was with the subtle script is amazing, I'm always jealous of people who can achieve gorgeous water color washes for their cards, yours is stunning.
Thank you for playing along with us at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, we always love seeing your beautiful cards in the gallery and, congratulations for being Top Pick last month, hope you play again next time.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.DT

PS: Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog posts, I love it when you visit.

desperatehousewifecraft said...

Beautiful card. What a nice way to colour your die cuts!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Love the effect of that pearl paint Bonnie! A great card with that text in the background and the addition of that postage stamp too! It has a vintage feel to the design! Have a wonderful Sunday my friend! Luv n’ Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

JoAnn said...

You have been busy. This is gorgeous. Love the gardenia (one of my favorite flowers). The frosty white paint looks so good on it. Love the background too. TFS

Nstiz said...

This is gorgeous, Bonnie! Love that background showcasing that beautiful gardenia! The white shimmer paint is a fabulous effect! Fantastic design.

Loll said...

LOVE your watercoloured background. The variations of the one colours are so beautiful, and this definitely looks vintage with the script and postmark. The flowers just shimmer. So pretty!! xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful card.
Faith
x

Sandy said...

So Pretty!!
Sandy xx

Christine Alexander said...

gorgeous vintage background, awesome card

Brenda said...

A BIG congrats Bonnie, I can see why your card was chosen!!! It is a stunner for sure. I love those blooms and I love how you have showcased them. So stunning, artsy and inky and I am so loving it! Hugs, Brenda

lostinpaper said...

Love all that shimmery goodness, what a fabulous design!

Aileen said...

Beautfiul card Bonnie, wonderful CASe of Therese's card. Such a pretty flower die, so sad they discontinued this die. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge. Aileen DT

Pat said...

This is a beautiful CASEing of Therese's pretty card Bonnie and I love the script in the background and that silvery white for the flowers stands out wonderfully well. x

MaryH said...

Can I just say "Awesome"? Great work on the CASE too. Hugs

jenn shurkus said...

what a wonderful card! i love ths shimmer :) thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Nance said...

Wow! Stunning, Bonnie! Love those frosty flowers and all that watercolor goodness!

Laura said...

Wow. Your card is so beautiful and elegant. Thank you so much for participating in the Memory Box February challenge!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

That white frost paint is really cool--give a neat effect. Gorgeous card. And yes---I couldn't remember the word earlier today--second generation stamping. I had difficulties with that and couldn't explain it well.