Monday, April 24, 2017

Another Tag

Hi folks!  I have another tag using watercolor in pink and green.

This time I made it into a card for the CAS Watercolour Challenge that ends tonight.


I used the Poppystamps Pin Point Main Street tag die again.

I love this die!

This time I cut it twice and scored 1/2" from the top on one die cut.
By adding adhesive at the top, it opens like a card.

The design piece was stamped using Distress inks and
moving the color around with an Aqua Painter.

Once the flowers were dry, I did a wet on wet wash around the flowers.

I used watercolor pencils to add some details to the flowers and stems.
It's a technique that I learned from an Altenew class that Marika taught.

The die cut love and embossed layers complete the project.

CAS Watercolour closes on the 24th.

Entering at

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - SHOWERS AND/OR FLOWERS 


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!



Card Recipe
Stamps:  Blooming Garden (PB)
Ink:   Abandoned Coral, Mowed Lawn (Distress)
Paper:   Neena (110 lb.), Mixed Media (Strathmore)
Other:  Pinpoint Main Street Tags Die (PS), Heartfelt Die (PB), Square Lattice EF (retired SU), Watercolor Pencils (SU), Aqua Painter , Bits of Ribbon


22 comments:

brenda said...

Your card is absolutely glorious Bonnie, a lovely inky background and beautifully stamped blooms. Thanks so much for joining in our Spring theme at Penny Black and More challenge.

Also my thanks for your kind visits and words.

B x

Mac Mable said...

So clever, so pretty and love you've made it into a tag x You are so creative...Love it! x

jimlynn said...

Love that tag die and the way you've layered it too. SO lovely with gorgeous flowers!
Lynn

pam said...

Another gorgeous tag Bonnie! love how you made it into a card, beautiful flowers with lovely colours, love the embossing.
Thank you for joining us over on Poppystamps challenge blog.
Pam x

Liz said...

Very clever design, turning the tag die cuts into a card. I love the embossed mat and the image is fabulous. xx

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

This is so beautiful Bonnie! Love the texture you have put on that first layer and the water-colouring is stunning! I LOVE how you made the tag into a card too! Have a wonderful day/evening my friend! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Loll said...

Gorgeous, Bonnie. LOVE your bright watercoloured tulips. Looks amazing on your tag card. And love the texture from the dry embossed background. xx

nancy littrell said...

Your tag card is beautiful, Bonnie. I love your washed background and how you added watercolor pencil lines to add dimension and interest to your flowers and stem. What a great idea. TFS my friend. Hugs..

Marybeth said...

What a beautiful layered tulip tag, Bonnie! Love the texture of the second layer and the watercolor! Thanks for joining us in the Poppystamps Challenge!

Sandy said...

You have won the grand prize once again Bonnie! Gorgeous tag card. I love the beautiful background and your flowers are stunning!
Sandy xx

JoAnn said...

Beautiful tag. Love the pretty flowers and water=wash background. Great idea to score it and make it open like a card. Love it.

Mandy said...

Gorgeous tag card Bonnie! It's so elegant and pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Greta said...

I love that tag die & your card is so beautiful with the watercolored blooms & dry embossed background! Thanks for joining us at PBSC, Bonnie!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Fabulous and beautiful, I LOVE this tag.
Sorry I can't comment on your other wonderful cards, no time, but I have caught up.
Faith
x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Pretty tag with all the layers!

Susan said...

Lovely flowers and great texture from the embossing folder and pierced edges!

Jeanne J. said...

What a gorgeous Spring tag! I love the beautiful tulips and the layers and texture you added on the tag!

JosieD said...

This turned out with a "wow" factor. Love the added impact of the watercolor pencils and the tag layers, particularly the embossed one.

Christine Alexander said...

beautiful back ground for your flowers, the watercolouring is so pretty. i also love the embossed tag :)t

Nstiz said...

Beautiful painting and love the soft colors from the blossom in your background. I did try this once- what a mess I had. Yours is so perfectly done!

BożenA said...

Stunning tag. I love the background for your flowers, as if melting in the air gently coloring the air. WOW!
Hugs,
BożenA

Anonymous said...

such a beautiful tag shaped card, bonnie! i love that die and the embossed layer in between! thank you so much for playing along with us at penny black and more!
linda