Monday, April 17, 2017

Darling Viola Love

Hello stamping friends.

Today I have a tag.


I don't usually do tags, but I wanted to join in at the
poppy Challenge


I was the random winner there last month and I'm excitedly awaiting more Poppystamp dies!
THANK YOU, POPPYSTAMPS!

I used my NBUS Darling Viola and cut twice from mixed media paper.

I also used the Poppystamp Pin Point Main Street Tag die cut from a piece of
smooshed mixed media paper.

The flowers were painted with my Kuretake Gansi Tambi paints.

A light stamping of script gives the tag a little more dimension.

When the flowers were dry, I gently shaped them and attached them to
the tag with rolled glue dots and bits of dimensionals.

A stamped sentiment and some ribbon finished it off so it's ready for DD's birthday present.

I'm going to join in at tag Tag You're It Challenge too.
My flowers don't add as much dimension as her gorgeous flower, but I've
got dimension and pink.  I think I'm squeaking in just under the wire.

and it fits our 
It closes the 24th.

Oops! It is pink and green watercolor but it isn't a card.

You can join in with a card though.


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!



Card Recipe
Stamps:  Gift of Love (SU), French Script (Darkroom Door)
Ink:   Soft Suede, Sahara Sand (SU)
Paper:   Mixed Media (Strathmore)
Other:  Pin Point Main Street Tags, Darling Viola (PS), Kuretake Gansi Tambi Watercolors


20 comments:

Loll said...

So pretty!! LOVE the soft watercoloured background with the script stamping. Your flowers are so pretty. I need to check out poppy stamps new dies! :) xx

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

You might not 'do' tags Bonnie sweet friend, but when you do . . . WOW! Gorgeous! I hope you had a lovely Easter weekend and that the rest of the week is good for you! Love n’ Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Christine Alexander said...

absolutely stunning background, so pretty with the soft greens and the script.

Viv said...

This is simply gorgeous Bonnie!

JosieD said...

So pretty and springy!

Marcia Hill said...

What a GORGEOUS tag Bonnie!! Absolutely LOVE your background...so soft and pretty and just perfect for your sweet little violets. :0)

jimlynn said...

This is almost too pretty to put on a package! WOW! Gorgeous!!! I love the pop of pink on here. Outstanding tag Bonnie.
Lynn

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What aq Beautiful tag, love the viola die and the tag die, great colouring too.
Faith
x

Susan said...

This is so pretty! What a perfect tag for a spring gift! The script and the smooshing add so much to the background.

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful soft smooshed background for your stunning die cut flowers. I just love you tag design, Bonnie. TFS Hugs...

Princess Judy Palmer said...

No one can tell that tags aren't your thing. This is a wonderful specimen! Love the flower die. You always do right by your dies.

Mac Mable said...

The shaping of the flowers makes all the difference. Such a pretty tag, love the background and the text too x

JoAnn said...

Wow, this is gorgeous. I think you do tags very well.
TFS

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Sweet little flowers and I love the script on the tag, Bonnie!!

MaryH said...

I'm not big on making tags, either, but you've certainly done a super job with this one. Love the shape of the tag, and the smooshed background with the subtle text. The violas are just so pretty with this background, and great work on the shaping. YAY on your Poppy win as well. TFS & Hugs

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love the watercolor look, thanks for joining us at Tag You're It Challenge.

Susie Moore said...

WOW! This is a great tag. I love all the details!

pam said...

Such a beautiful tag Bonnie, gorgeous background with your pretty flowers.
Thank you for joining us over on Poppystamps challenge blog.
Pam x

Brenda said...

Oh my what a beautiful tag Bonnie!!! Love those flowers, but love that tag even more. Stunning! Hugs, Brenda

Jeanne J. said...

Oh Bonnie! I love the way you colored up the die cut flowers! So pretty! I'm so glad you did decide to make a tag!