Friday, April 21, 2017

Inlaid Iris

Hello friends. Welcome to my blog.

Here's a reminder that there's still time to join the challenge
at CAS Mix Up and CAS Watercolour
Both challenges are open until the 24th.



My sweet friend and teammate, Joanna (Jo-Jo's Spot) sent me a card recently
 and I was so inspired by it that I had to CASE it!
I'll share a picture of Joanna's card in a bit.

This Penny Black Single Iris die continues to be my favorite to go to this time of year.

This time I die cut it from watercolor paper and colored with Zigs and lots of water.

After it was dry I tucked it into the piece it was cut from.
It fits like a puzzle and tucks in nice and tight!

I added some stencil paste through a stencil to add a bit of interest to the background.

When that was dry, I wound some gold thread around the base several times and
tied it off where it would be hidden by the design panel.

I added the design panel with a piece of fun foam on the back.

I masked the iris and splattered and splotched some Gold Color Shine.

Now here's Joanna's gorgeous card that inspired me.



AAA Cards #88 :  Stencil
CAS Mix Up: Inlaid Die Cuts + Watercolor + Stencil Paste + Splatter
CAS Watercolour: Green and Pink
Simon Says Monday Challenge: Splash it on - watercolor
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Showers and/or Flowers - flowers

   


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!



Card Recipe
Stamps:  Snippets (PB)
Ink:   Old Olive (SU)
Paper:  Neena (110 lb.), Watercolor (TH) 
Other:  Zig CCRB (#28 Pale Pink, #25 Pink, #41 Lt. Green, #43 Olive Green, #44 Deep Gree), Gold Color Shine (Heidi Swapp), Embossing Paste (Wendy Vecchi), Textured Scraped Paint Stencil (retired MB)


26 comments:

Carole said...

Beautiful and very classy Bonnie! I like your texture in the background , it makes all the difference doesn't it!

jimlynn said...

So very pretty. Love that die and it's colored beautifully! The background sets off the image and that gold twine is sensational. Love it.
Lynn

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful. The iris is lovely and I think the design is simply gorgeous. xx

Nstiz said...

Outstanding Bonnie! Love the watercoloring on this gorgeous blossom and inlaying it looks fabulous. The fine, gold thread is such a beautiful touch on this!

Loll said...

I can see how you were inspired by Joanna's card. :)

Your iris is gorgeous ... even better in real life. I love the dimension of the stenciled background. The gold thread and splatters add elegance to the design. Absolutely love it and cherish it, my friend! I need to get that iris die!! xx

Ceal said...

Gorgeous card, love the simplicity of it. thanks for joining us at AAA Cards!

Jane said...

Super paste stencilling, love the look of white on white. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

JosieD said...

What an elegant card! Such a classy, gentle look. And all the special "Bonnie touches" really make it so plus a wonderful die.

Susanne Vargas said...

I really like the subtle background you created with the embossing paste and the golden thread looks so much more delicate than a strip of paper! Beautiful card!

Bobby said...

And now you've inspired me, Bonnie. Pinned for future reference although I still have time to do one for the challenge.

Susan said...

Too bad we can't vote for DT members' cards at CMU as this would top my list - love the subtle colours, the bit of stenciled paste on the card base, the lovely gold thread, and the gold splattering. Not to mention that irises are one of my favourite flowers!

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful card, the soft pinks are so pretty, I especially love the delicate stenciling behind.

Linda said...

Beautiful iris and card Bonnie.

Anna-Karin said...

Such a pretty card!! I love the flower. Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

nancy littrell said...

OMG Bonnie, your inlaid watercoloured iris is so beautiful. I love your stenciled with EB paste background, gold thread and CAS design. I can see how you CASE'd Joanna's gorgeous card, but made your card your own. TFS my friend. Hugs..

BożenA said...

But this card is beautiful. Such a delicate and feminine. Inclusion looks wonderful. I also love beautifully mixed iris colors.
Hugs,
BozenA

Craftychris said...

So delicate and pretty! xxx

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

What a totally beautiful card Bonnie! I LOVE that inlaid iris - I have trouble with my attempts at inlaid die cuts - this beauty makes me think I should persevere! Have a wonderful weekend my friend! Luv n’ Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Greta said...

Love the background & your iris is gorgeous, Bonnie! I have that die & haven't used it in ages, but you've inspired me!

Mac Mable said...

That ever so pretty die cut iris is perfect for the inlaid technique. Gorgeous water-colouring and so love the texture on the background. CAS with wonderful added interest. Gorgeous x

Karen Dunbrook said...

how gorgeous mf...
xx Karen

Marcia Hill said...

GORGEOUS card Bonnie! That Iris is so pretty and I just love the gold thread wrapping around the card too! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! :0)

Sandy said...

I love this - so beautiful - I ordered this die!
Sandy xx

Coralynn Murray said...

I love how you used the stencil with the paste on your background and I love the texture of your card with the inlayed die cutting. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This is interesting with the delicate flower inlaid amongst the textures. Very nice.

debby4000 said...

Oh what a wonderful card, love all the texture you made that enhances your flower image.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby