Saturday, April 15, 2017

Masked Snowman

Hello, Crafty Peeps!

Here's another card for the Christmas stash.


I stamped and heat embossed the snowman and masked him to stamp the trees.

After coloring him with markers, I sprinkled some Chunky White Embossing Enamel
over the piece and heat set from the back.
(I have a hard time getting this stuff sprinkled evenly.
I seem to always end up with a glob of it somewhere and
actually scraped some off with my fingernail.)
And you'll notice that the snow hasn't fallen to the snowman's boots yet either.
I guess it's just started snowing!

Merry Monday

Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!



Card Recipe
Stamps:  Snow Much Fun (retired SU), Lovely as a Tree (SU), Festive Snippets (PB)  
Ink:   Archival Black, SU Markers (Garden Green, Real Red, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie)
Paper:   Thick Whisper White, Basic Black, Whisper White (SU)
Other:  Chunky White Embossing Enamel (Stampendous), Kars Snowflake EF (retired Cuttlebug)


14 comments:

JosieD said...

Adorable snowman scene!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your snowman scene, Bonnie! So great with the trio of cardinals and the forest!!

Majorelle said...

It's a gorgeous card to my mind!

Loll said...

Adorable scene you've created Bonnie. The chunky EP adds a lot of texture and fun ... I always forget to use it. :) xx

Susan said...

Great use of one of my favourite snowmen! Love the way you masked him to get the trees behind and added the chunky white ep!

Andrea D. La Vigne said...

Love how you did the falling snow, and the position of the cardinal on the snowball is so funny! Looks like he's rolling on the ball. Great job on the coloring, too! :) ~ Andrea

Nstiz said...

I love silly, wonky snowman and the way you used this one is awesome! You embossed him and masked and have no ghosting around your image! Love that! I also love that chunky enamel and would not have noticed if the snow touched the ground or not but combined with that Kars folder, I think you have a winner here!

Karen L K said...

Such a great scene! Love your tall slender snowman!

Bobby said...

Congrats on your win, Bonnie. I don't know how I missed this card, unless it's in those emails I haven't gotten to yet. This is such a darling snowman. No wonder he's a winner.

Linda said...

Bonnie, love this Christmas scene with that fun snowman. Great card. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday. Hope you had a blessed Easter.

Christine Alexander said...

awesome scene with that adorable snowman.

Marcia Hill said...

Guess I missed this one in the gallery last week, but couldn't let it go with out a comment...it GORGEOUS!! I never think of snowmen cards being "pretty", but you totally managed it with this BEAUTIFUL card! Your whole little scene is just stunning...love it! Glad you shared it with us at Merry Monday!! :0)

Brenda said...

OMGosh, I love this card Bonnie!!! That snowman is just so cute and I love the scene you made for him. The trees look great! I also love how you have colored him up as well as his bird friends. Of course it just started snowing, there's a little snow squall coming through. lol I am loving the snow! Hugs, Brenda

nancy littrell said...

How did I miss your really fun and Christmasy snowman scene, Bonnie?!? I Love every detail. I have the snowman set and of course Lovely as a Tree (my 1st SU set) and still a favorite. TFS my friend and sharing your fun card. Hugs..