Monday, October 16, 2017

Fall Leaf Thank You for CAS Watercolour Reminder

Hello friends.

Today I'm reminding you that there's still time to help us celebrate our first birthday at
CAS Watercolour

We are giving away prizes too.

Here's a card I did using a watercolor Fall leaf.

I die cut some leaves out of scraps of Arches Cold Press Watercolor Paper.

My watercolor was drops of re-inker picked up with my Water Brush and
dropped onto the wet die cuts.

When I was satisfied with the saturation of color, I set them aside to dry.

I recently had the pleasure of using a friends embossing folders and dies.
The embossed background was from that session.  I didn't see a name on the folder.
I would buy one if I could find it. Sigh....more enabling!

The dies for the thank you are from a place called Peachycheap.
Every morning I get an email from them with the offer of the day.
I try to resist, but sometimes.....

There are a few gold splatters on that leaf too.  I was a bit timid with them
because I had already ruined one leaf with splatters.
It's beneath this leaf to give it some more depth.

CAS Watercolour Challenge
is open until the 24th.

The Design Team is joined by our talented friend Marcia Hill.

There's lots of wonderful inspiration from the team and in the gallery.

I hope you'll check us out.


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!


Card Recipe
Stamps:  
Ink:   
Paper:   Watercolor (Arches cold press), Neena, Gold Foil (SU)
Other:   SU Re-inkers (Tangerine Tango, Real Red), Word Dies (Peachycheap), Stitched Leaves Die (LF), Metallic Gold Paint 


22 comments:

alexandra s.m. said...

Absolutely gorgeous dear Bonnie!

Marcia Hill said...

Lovely watercolored leaf Bonnie and I love that embossed background! I wish you knew who made it too as I would love one! Oh well, less money spent, right?!! There sure are a lot of beautiful cards already in the gallery this month...you guys are going to have a hard time choosing a winner!!

Marianne said...

Just gorgeous, Bonnie. Love vibrant die cut flower against the embossed white background.

Ina G said...

I love how the embossed background matches perfectly with that gorgeous bright leaf. Simply stunning with the gold sentiment Bonnie.

Linda said...

So beautiful with that pop of color on your leaf and the white embossed background.

Liz said...

Stunning card, Bonnie. Love the pop of colour - the leaf is gorgeous. xx

Colleen said...

Gorgeous card, Bonnie. I love the texture background with the stunning leaf on top! Fabulous card my friend!

Christine Alexander said...

Bonnie your watercolour leaf is so pretty with the gold splatters and that background is amazing. What a gorgeous embossing folder :)

Loll said...

The colours on your leaf are so beautiful, Bonnie. Love the little hints of gold that tie it into your pretty new die-cut sentiment. The backing panel has lots of dimension and pretty swirls of design with the white-on-white. xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO very Beautiful.
Faith
x

Viv said...

This is simply perfect Bonnie. I love it.

Mac Mable said...

The pop of the glorious red looks fabulous against the white texture, all enhanced with the gold...love it.

Susan said...

What a stunning red maple leaf! Love the embossed background behind it and the little hint of gold that ties it to the sentiment.

Pat said...

This is such a vibrant and pretty maple leaf Bonnie and I adore the dry embossed leaf design in the background and the die cut swirly sentiment which finish it beautifully. x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous thank you leaf, Bonnie! Just love the gold sentiment - please, no enabling LOL! I'd help if I could but I don't recognize that embossing folder....

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is so crisp and gorgeous, Bonnie! I love the depth of the maple leaf color and the texture of the embossed panel! The gold script-style sentiment die-cuts add elegance. Hideko

Nstiz said...

Bonnie, your card is just beautiful and love the font of the die cut sentiment! Gorgeous red in your leaves too. I do smile at your description since you really describe the craft room experience exactly like it is! This is so crisp and clean!

Karen Dunbrook said...

lovely Fall card mf..the gold sentiment really adds a touch of elegance to your card..
xx Karen

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous watercoloured die cut Fall leaf, Bonnie. Love your gold splatters. Your dry embossed leaves are perfect as your background layer. Wonderful die cut gold sentiment too. I love every detail. TFS my friend. Hugs

Bobby said...

The color on that leaf is so rich and vibrant, Bonnie, and the font for the words are so swirly. Beautiful card.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a gorgeous card Bonnie - love the rich colour on the leaf. I know what you mean about Peachy Cheap...
Blessings
Maxine

BożenA said...

Very elegant card of gratitude. All colors create a great harmony. I also love the extruded background. Thank you for the inspiration, Bonnie.
BożenA xoxo