Sunday, October 8, 2017

Oh Christmas Tree

Hi.

I meant to post this Friday, but things kept cropping up
and it didn't happen.  All good stuff though, so I'm not complaining.


I'm almost late for Merry Monday where Deanne is hosting this week.

Or should I say, last week?

I have set a goal to clean out my Christmas UFO box this year.

The emboss resist tree was tucked away in there and so was the dry embossed piece of green.

I rounded the corners with a punch and added some iridescent foil dots for decorations.

It looked like a tag to me, so I added a snippet of curled seam binding to the top.

Another Christmas card for the stash.

Since I used some snippets here, I'm going to skip over to
Pixie's Snippet Playground

Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!




Card Recipe
Stamps:  Snowswirled (retired SU), Holiday Snippets (PB)
Ink:   Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Pear Pizzazz (SU)
Paper:   Neena, Old Olive, Whisper White
Other:  White EP, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding, Iridescent dots, Square Lattice EF (SU), Stately EF (Craft Concepts)


20 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

So pretty Bonnie and a great take on that inspiration photo! Have a lovely Sunday and a great week! Love & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous emboss/resist, Bonnie! Just love the look of your Christmas tree!!

Theresa's Studio said...

Love this stamp! Beautiful job on a lovely card! And I am later than you with my card.

Marcia Hill said...

I have this stamp Bonnie but I don't think mine ever came out this great looking! Love it as an emboss resist and how cool that it was a quick card too!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday!! :0)

Linda said...

What a beautiful tree Bonnie. Love the emboss resist on it. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

Nstiz said...

This is gorgeous, Bonnie! I just got a stamp from Penny Black that is similar and after seeing your beautiful work with this, I can't wait to try it. Love the soft sponging on the white embossing!

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty card...nice job with the emboss/resist technique!

Liz said...

Super card, Bonnie. Love the tree - very effective technique. xx

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

What a pretty card Bonnie. Love the technique you used. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

JoAnn said...

Very pretty card Bonnie. Love the emboss resist technique on the tree. Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday.

nancy littrell said...

TFS your pretty festive Christmas Tree card, Bonnie. How fun to use pieces from your stash. Hugs..

Mac Mable said...

Perfect take on the photo and such a delicate card (tag xx) x

Brenda said...

Beautiful card Bonnie, love that tree and the way you did it. Hugs, Brenda

Di said...

Darling card Bonnie! Love all about it - especially that wonderful tree. And how lovely to see you in the Playground!

Hugs

Di xx

Susan said...

Bonnie, that is an admirable goal to clear out your Christmas UFO box - I should do the same!! You found a couple of treasures to turn into this lovely card! Looking forward to seeing what else you find!

Loll said...

So pretty Bonnie. Love that gorgeous swirly tree. Looks so pretty with the soft green sponging. xx

Christine Alexander said...

Cherry cobler is one of my favorite SU colours, it looks so awesome with the green sponging around the swirly tree :)

MaryH said...

Another great UFO turned into a little jewel. Love the soft glow from the sponged embossed resist, and that's a perfect tree for this effect. Your crumpled seam binding is so rich, I thought at first it was a velvet ribbon! Of course noticed one of my fav SU E/F as a mat too. TFS & Hugs

Pat said...

This is so pretty Bonnie and love the pretty green highlighted tree and the perfect embossed background to go with it. It is very satisfying to use up those UFO bits and I must take a leaf out of your book and do likewise. x

Annie said...

What a stunning card Bonnie and I absolutely love your blog xx So inspiring xx

TFS and best wishes from Annie your newest follower xx